Saturday 26 July 2014

ISN'T SHE BEAUTIFUL!

SHE,  being this lovely camellia, I planted only about 6 weeks ago.  It is only a small as yet, but has this flower and another four buds.  I've wanted to buy the camellia, VOLUNTEER since seeing it planted and flowering at Vision in Warragul a few years ago.


I was going to do some gardening today and plant these, but with light misty rain on and off all day, I decided maybe tomorrow if it's finer.


Instead I did this.

 Loaded onto the machine mid-week.

 Quilted today.

The back showing the pattern called Luscious Leaves by Hermione Agee.

Just a quick post, as I'm still having hand issues with my chillblains, which are very swollen and now starting to split.  This is more of a nuisance than anything.  I also have a lot of sewing to do, but can't tell what it is yet.  Hmm!  That will leave you all wondering.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend and take care.
Susan.

10 comments:

  1. Your camellia is rather gorgeous Susan, as is your quilting, what a lovely pattern you've chosen to do! I do hope your hands are all healed up and better soon - you probably need to be careful too that infections don't start up?
    Looking forward to seeing what you're up to and keeping secret! Enjoy your weekend,
    xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I just love flowers and this garden just doesn't live up to my last one, but I'll try and make it look pretty. I'll do my gardening in plastic and garden gloves so I don't get infections.

      Delete
  2. It is a beauty. You are lucky to be growing camellias in your cold season. When it's cold here the only things growing are holly and fir trees, both of which I like. The quilt looks beautiful. I like the quilt you have hanging on the wall, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must get way colder than us, because my snowflakes are out that I planted, as there were no bulbs here at all and I must have them in the garden. I also like holly, though here in Oz except in really cold places they don't get berries. Thanks for the compliments on my quilts. I'm just about to change the one on the wall.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear of the chillblains, something I've never suffered with nor has anyone I know, but they must be painful so I hope they ease soon. The camellia is beautiful, something I've never grown, but there's a few in gardens around here and I always admire them when they're in flower. Your quilt is beautiful too, a fabulous design both front and back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, camellias are quite forgiving and even if you only grow one in a pot surrounded by bulbs!! I can't take credit for the design of the quilt, but did have fun making it.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful flower. The colours are gorgeous. I love the quilting design you settled on. Lleaves are just right for a quilt called Pa's Garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is lovely Sue. I debated an awful lot over the quilting on that one, as what I picked just didn't do it for me. Next on the machine will probably the bed runner or cat flaps, but I do know what I'm quilting on both.

      Delete
  5. Your quilting is beautiful!!! I hope that you enjoy growing your camellia and seeing the beautiful blooms as they are a lovely colour!! xx

    ReplyDelete