Thursday 26 March 2015

A VERY QUICK POST.

This quick post is mainly for my DD to show the finished quilt, but of course I'm hoping that others will appreciate the photos too.  It hasn't been the best day for photography, as the weather has been atrocious.  Is it March or May?  Today has been cold, very windy and occasionally wet, but I did get the towels and sheets dry on the line.  At 3pm, our weather station said it was about 10deg outside, but felt like 7, and we have the heating system on and now it's raining.  Strange!  We have the TV on watching the cricket match between Australia and India for a place in the finals of the World Cup and luckily it is being played in Sydney where the weather is fine.

PHOTOS

The quilt

Closeup of one of the embroideries.
Now I know that a lot of people would not do an allover pattern on this, but it will be loved to death by Missy Moo and needed to be able to cope with being so well used.  Her older brother takes his in the car and they sit and watch TV cuddled up with them.  I showed the one DD made for Master L that I quilted on an earlier post.  My two little cuddle quilts have now been superseded, but I'm sure will still be used occasionally, but of course they are growing up fast now

Another two photos.  These are then and now pics.  I posted the first one early last year to show what I could see from our side verandah.  Well, here it is again, but the following photo is what I can see now.  I'll let you wonder how I feel about it.

Old view.

New view
.
Hmm!  Amazing what can happen in the space of 12 months.

Now I'm off to finish getting our tea ready, which is Orange Chicken Casserole with veg on the side.
Hope you are all having a good week.
Take care and huggles, Susan.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt Susan I'm sure the recipient is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt's beautiful, your daughter is very talented, I love the embroidery. Oh no, are they building and spoiling your view? I grew up in a house looking out on to open farm land, it was a beautiful view. Before my parents moved, a motorway had been built across that land and office blocks had started being built along the side of it. It seems if there's open land, they just want to build on it these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and quilting!!! I hope that you don't get too cold. It is very chilly here today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt, and yes it has turned so cold in March! But I am not missing the heat though! Sorry about your view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting of the hearts and flowers is perfect for that sweet quilt; I love it. Your little one is going to love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilting, I am sure your daughter will love it.

    Photo caption: "thank goodness the house is sold and we're moving"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt, I'm sure it's going to be loved to death. Should I be reading anything into Jayne's comment? Sorry I'm late again, but getting caught up gradually with blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilting has turned out beautifully... as for your view... well, won't be a problem for long :) xxx

    ReplyDelete