Monday 18 May 2015

JUST A QUICKIE.

Not sure we'll have internet after today, as we move on Wednesday. We will sleep on a mattress at the new house and furniture will arrive first thing Thursday morning.  We are using the same removalists, so know that they are pretty fast, and we should be able to relax by Thursday evening, although we then have all the unpacking to do.  Most is packed except for the very chunky stuff, like computer, TV, etc, and bits that are too big for boxes ie., pictures, long quilting rulers, and odd shaped "stuff".  I am actually quite bored, not being able to potter around doing things I like - sewing, gardening, cooking, but am looking forward to going back home to West Gippsland.  I've already been asked when I'm going back to volunteering at Vision and have a commission for a quilt for next year ( a 50th wedding anniversary).
Just a couple of photos I've managed to squeeze in for this post.

One toadstool, coming through and the other nearly finished.
 I cleared the lawn and garden beds of the ugly large brown ones, but left these two for photo.
The lavender, which smells heavenly.  I keep this well deadheaded and it rewards us with flowers nearly year round.

Bubs in bits!!!!

Just "some" of our many boxes.
Hopefully everything will go smoothly and I'll even get time to plant some of the bulbs I bought at the garden show in between unpacking.  We've a few ideas for putting our stamp on our new home, but we'll take our time and enjoy the process.
I have an idea for a future post about our last house in WG, the one here in Ballarat and our new one, so watch this space in the future.  I'm sure we'll see a lot more of the garden too, as you did in 2013.
Best go and have some lunch.  Oh and BTW, D & R's quilt is winging its way to UK too.
Have a great week all.  Take care and huggles,
Susan.

8 comments:

  1. Gosh, your boxes look so neat and organised :-)

    Only two more sleeps! Best of luck with everything and - as you said to me - don't stress! It will all be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, luckily we know our removalist quite well and his Mum told him that I was not allowed to be stressed, and I think I'm just excited now.

      Delete
  2. It looks like you're all organised. Good luck with the move, I'm sure everything will go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, although I don't feel organised, I think nearly everything is packed and I'm definitely ready to go back.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the move. I hope you'll soon be settled into your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, good to hear from you. I'm sure we'll feel settled, even if the house looks like a bomb hit it for a few weeks.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like your homecoming is going to be a happy one. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the move Susan! It sounds like you are very organised and now it's just the tedious bit to get through. Hang in there. xx

    ReplyDelete