Saturday 6 February 2016

RUNNING IN CIRCLES!

Did I really raise 3 children, run a household and work all at the same time?  I'm not sure I know how.  Is it because I'm getting older or just poor time management, but I don't seem to have blogged for a couple of weeks now, all because I've been (I think), busy.
Well here we go with  a few bits of what I've been up to lately.

GARDEN

Even though it's been hot and muggy with just a little rain, my new roses are flowering.

This is Julia's Rose, which we bought first, as there were no roses in this garden at all.

Fiona's Wish that Hubby gave me for Xmas along with Pierre de Ronsard which is now doing better than when I wrote about it late last year.  
CRAFT

I finally finished my Spice of Life crochet rug, which although I don't like the colours, looks OK with it's borders finished.  It certainly taught me a lot of new designs and glad I persevered with it.



Finished rug.
Little Xmas wallhanging completed too.

Front.

And this is what I used on the back.

I also found these little jumpers I was making a few years ago and have decided to finish them for my 2 newest great nephews.





BAKING.

Not a lot going on here, except the usual meal cooking.  Too hot for lovely gooey desserts and cakes go off too quickly if not kept in the fridge, then they are not as nice to eat, but I did make these some time last week.

Chocolate orange mousse from the book above them.
Lastly, a photo of three of the young magpies that come on a regular basis along with Buddy.



I'm busy at the moment trying to custom quilt the Big Star in time for an upcoming local craft show and it is doing my head in with all the odd shapes.  My friend J is also on the same deadline with her quilt, but of course I'm sure that is harder for her on her Sweet Sixteen, which is similar to an ordinary domestic machine.  I cannot manhandle a big quilt under mine anymore, so am lucky to have the long-arm.  Will post photos of them both when finished.
Last Wednesday, we had a day out to Ripon Lea, a National Trust property, which is sometimes featured in the Phryne Fisher Murder Mysteries.  It is somewhere I've not been before and we decided to join the NT and will visit other properties in the future.  I didn't take any photos as it was a very cloudy day, but you can see some of it here.-http://www.ripponleaestate.com.au/
Oh, and yes some of my time has been taken up with stressing over a few minor hiccups with my younger brother, but we just take it one day at time,

That's all for now and will hopefully post again next week with  more interesting "stuff".
Take care and have a great weekend.



10 comments:

  1. I don't think it matters how much time we have on our hands, we still manage to fill it quite easily and wish for more. I don't know why you don't like the colours you've used in your Spice of Life, I think it's fabulous. The colours work so well together. Those chocolate orange mousses look delicious, yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I like the colours I've got for the granny square baby rug much better.

      Delete
  2. I always think that if you've got all day to make the bed, it'll take all day to make it! Not sure how helpful that is as an explanation, but that's my theory anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter how you spend your time as long as you are satisfied at the end of the day with what you have done :) Your roses are looking gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn and the roses are doing better than I thought for their 1st year in our garden, especially in this summer heat.

      Delete
  4. I quite agree I feel I have so much less time now but really I should have more. Very impressed with your blanket I'm half way through mine time issue you see!) but I did have to start it again after some shocking mistakes. Hope you find a bit more time this week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I sometimes feel that our days are shorter, but I know it's not so. I unpicked a few rows occasionally, but definitely not the whole lot as both you and my other Jo did.

      Delete
  5. Loved that Big Star quilt! What a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the finish on the Star quilt, maybe show and tell??

    ReplyDelete