Thursday 23 February 2017

OPINIONS PLEASE?

Just another quick post.  I have a "slight" problem, as being ME, I procrastinate too much, then can't make up my mind.
I've been working on the second quilt made from the jelly roll quilt I showed here quilted with the allover rose pattern.  The drawing is one of my own in a graph book and need input as to whether the large stripes should be on the straight or the small black blocks.  Help me please, make up my mind.

This version would end up square and not a diamond.

This is the other way I have envisioned it.
Wow, a UFO finish.  The cushion front below, was made in a class around 1996 and I found it as I was jotting down my UFO list.  I decided to get it done to go in the Flower and Craft Show on Saturday.

All hand done & my first ever attempt at Trapunto work.  I think it may need a bigger insert, but as we cannot buy one here, I'm not travelling to find one until we need a few other things.
Whilst searching for the UFO's to do this year, I chanced (OK, found) a few jelly rolls I'd forgotten about.  I have been using the graph book again & think I've come up with the design I'll use for this one.

I can quite often purchase these off the bargain table at Victorian Textiles, where I buy both thread & rolls of batting.
I keep forgetting that I have them, but really need to use what I have and only buy "needed" fabric.
I'm not sure anyone will guess what colour I'm going to use for the background with the one above, but I do hope to start on it soon.
Apart from the above, I've not done much, as I've just gone onto some new blood pressure tablets, and not sure they agree with me.  Luckily I see the Doctor tomorrow, so will see what she says.
Hope you are having a good week & will hopefully have some photos soon of our new stairs out the back, which hubby is working on.  The old ones were starting to warp and crack & could have become dangerous.
Take care all.
Susan.

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. both are nice... but my first impression was the first one best... Lovely UFO finish!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Diamond shape best - the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it may end up being the first one.

      Delete
  3. I think your block looks much nicer on point than on a square set, but what do I know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. You know PLENTY!!!! And who got me started with this blog on quilting? Oh & other stuff along with meeting so many nice people too, that I can vouch for from the comments on here today.

      Delete
  4. I know nothing about quilting but I think the diamond looks better than the square, don't listen to me though. Hope you get your tablets sorted out, they can cause horrible side effects if they don't agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, but you are creative in other craft & that is what matters. You understand the dilemmas we face sometimes.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had a treasure hunt in your sewing room. I love your pillow; it must have taken some time to do. I like the first drawing because the small squares look like an Irish chain so the diagonal looks right. I'm a few days late so you've probably already made your choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. I'm on a mission to get a lot of my UFO's done and use my stash to start anything new. As I design a lot of my own, I can play with all sorts of designs, as I've done using that jelly roll in 2 quilts, one big and one small. Seems like everyone has the same idea, so that is what I'm going with. I'll show some time this week.

      Delete