Sunday 19 March 2017

LATE BIRTHDAY POST & OTHER BITS.

FIRST BIT.

Wednesday dawned fine, but very hot, but we pootled our way over to Bairnsdale to buy hubby this.

The box says it all, plus the adaptor.
Then it was nearly time for lunch, so we drove out to Paynesville to sit by the water.  It looks out over Lake Victoria, part of the Gippsland Lakes system & a car ferry runs to Raymond Island.   I blogged about in January 2013, which was my "second" ever post.


                                    The above are 2 views from near where we sat for lunch.

                                     This oversize fish sits at the back of the public amenities.

The car ferry I mentioned above, coming back from Raymond Island and probably takes all of 5 minutes.  This load has a cement mix truck aboard I noticed.  Must be building something over there.

GARDEN.

Not much happening on this front as it has been hot & dry for March so far.  Rain predicted for tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

One last flower on my hydrangea has managed to survive the heat. The few roses I have are doing OK, but tend to be going over very quickly.
I also had this cheery chappy again on Friday morning, but there was no seed left in the feeder.
He only visits occasionally.  This was taken through the kitchen window, so not the best pic as we also have flyscreens on all our windows.  As you do here in Australia.

CRAFT.

It's been a bit hit and miss on this front lately, as I've talked about quite a few outings, not feeling the best (new physio is going to put ongoing pain to rights 😩).  Yeah!  But, I do have a few things to show and talk about.
The cupcake rug has just one more round to do on the border, then the big TAHDAH!
The black quilt I showed partly done on the machine and the table runner have both come off now, and got their bindings today.

This one named for Little E photographed on the clothesline this afternoon.  Remember I made this one to use more of a jellyroll from making Missy Moo's quilt.
The table runner I designed from some floor tiles in a fish & chip shop, whilst on holiday in Sydney.  It must have been before 2010.  I drew it up on a paper napkin, then used my handy graph paper pad to work out the sizes.
I have custom quilted it (to get back in the swing of things), as I've not done much on the Bubs lately.
I have a little plan for this.........
I also have a design from my Quilt Wizard program, that I've just started.  This is the final in my trio of quilts named for my grand daughters.  Miss A's is being made from my stash and has had the fabrics reworked a couple of times already, as some of the bits pulled from the cupboard haven't been enough.  Would you like to see it as I do the blocks?  The the full reveal will come later.

I only needed to make one of this.
The fabric in the centre was the feature fabric I chose.  I then picked colours from this, for the rest of the blocks.

I've made 8 of this simple block.
Just to keeping you guessing what it will be like.
Doing this may get me posting a little more often, though we do have the Photo Scavenger Hunt, this coming Friday and I'm finding this one really hard.  Still need a few photos.

That's about it from me today.  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend & at least a bit cooler than we had (36deg on our outdoor weather station just now at 4.30pm).
Take care all.
Susan.



14 comments:

  1. Yep we got to 36 today too, back to 32 tomorrow, and might rain tuesday?? You are still busy I see, lovely photos of the ferry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are supposed to get to 29 today & supposedly rain in the middle of last night, but not a drop. It's still warm this morning & yes I'm sort of busy, as I don't pack in as much as you do.

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had a lovely day out, but wow, that heat. I had to laugh at you sketching the pattern of the floor tiles in a fish and chip shop, you'll have to call that your fish and chip table runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Yes still way too hot for March. Not sure what I'd call that little one, but I quite often sketch tiles on bits of paper as they make such interesting quilt patterns. Now, you've just reminded me of something I must find, (tiled floor photo). I think I took one in Temple Newsam too & we weren't supposed to take photos, but no-one had told me.(whoops).

      Delete
  3. Lovely pics Susan of your beautiful work,thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & I think from your blog you are somewhere near Melbourne?

      Delete
  4. Wish it was a little hotter here in the UK. We have blue skies but have a gale blowing. At least it is drying the washing!!

    I love that Australians like large things - your fish - I remember large Wellington boots and lobsters when I was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The warmer days will come & when we arrived in UK last August it was 27 by the time we got to Leeds, so I know that sometimes summer can be nice for you. Yes, we do have lots of large icons dotted around this 'huge' country, which I often wonder is why we do it.

      Delete
  5. That's very hot; it would be 96F for us and when it's that hot, I don't do much unless there's AC. I love your runner design; interlocking blocks are fun to make for the brain twisting aspect. Very interesting in seeing your grand's quilt design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too hot for me Joanna, but autumn will come, although looks like that than usual. Thanks for the comment on my table runner & I too am fascinated by interlocking blocks.

      Delete
  6. The quilts are lovely, looking forward to the third one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I should have some UFO's done by the end of the month, even if they aren't all quilting ones.

      Delete
  7. Belated best wishes for your birthday! The black/pink quilt is stunning. Looking forward to seeing how the other squares are going to come together. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Was going to try & do another block yesterday, but had heaps of interruptions, although good ones, it ended up, I only did a little cutting.

      Delete