Friday 19 January 2018

HOT, HOT, HOT!!!

Wow, it was definitely a scorcher today & our weather station topped 42.7° and is hovering around 38° now, at nearly 8pm.  A cool change has moved through Melbourne which is much closer to the coast than we are, so hopefully it will soon be upon us.  We do have a cooling system, so inside we could keep it down around 24-27, which is just bearable for me.  I took the photo below at about
4.30pm to show what a poor wilted garden we have.  It will pick up over night.


I plodded through some essential housekeeping this morning,  as well as  watering the veg beds & cleaning en-suite, before starting up the quilt machine to finish the second quilt on the yellow backing.  Off the machine and ready to find the bindings.

 The one above is one of my own designs, that I have made for the book (ha-ha), I'd like to do one day.
 The pattern I chose is Restless by Apricot Moon.
 The one I showed on the machine last post, which is from a very old magazine and made in January 2000.
The pattern I chose for this one is Simple Daisy & I've forgotten the designer at the moment.

Now for some silly useless information about the above, but it did make me laugh.
The top quilt is one I named Whoopsa Daisy, (no idea why) and the one below is Pinwheel Daisy, as I mentioned before.  Notice the name of the pattern I used for that one and I actually used a Signature thread in colourway Daisy.  Daisies all round & the garden photo had my Shasta Daisy looking all forlorn.  None of this was intended, but realised after I started loading the photos.

On the little table next to my armchair, I have an assortment of "bits", which I use on a regular basis, but it has now been joined by this little box Hubby made me.

And what is in the box.................................

How about 14 flower centres for my Sunshine and Showers rug.  I've never attempted crochet flowers and these are quite fiddly and definitely a steep learning curve.  I need to do 14 more of each of 2 other shades of green, before I start the petals.  Wish me luck.

Just thought I'd do a quick post after such a hot day and am now off to crochet, whilst watching the rest of the cricket, so good night all.
Take care Susan. 
Better not huggle tonight as still too warm 😊

6 comments:

  1. We could do with a little of your heat and I could send over a bit of our cold, we're forecast snow again today! I really hope that it doesn't amount to much. The quilts are lovely and I do admire hubby's handy work, his woodwork skills are excellent. I see you're back to the crochet, I can't remember the last time I picked up my hook, it's knitting all the way for me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to see photos of a proper summer... this is just a dream in the UK at the moment. All your projects look lovely. I'm not sure that I'd have the patience for those little flowers! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that sounds so hot Susan - I'm not sure I'd be able to concentrate on handiwork in hot weather ... well done you. Your work looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please may we have some of your heat. So cold at the moment due to a biting wind. I haven't had time to write my blog but look at yours instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing with that heat.. here is it just lovely.. so I am enjoying that... at first I thought you were tatting! Look forward to see where those flowers are going! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ll get together with Jo and pack up some cold for you. Would love some of your heat - the wind today has been absolutely bitter although we have no snow.

    Hope you are able to get some sleep; I’ve read the optimum temperature for decent sleep is about 15 degrees, suspect it won’t cool down that much for you tonight. Xx

    ReplyDelete