Friday 27 July 2018

JULY SCAVENGER PHOTO HUNT. (2018)

Linking this last Friday of July with Kate from I live, I love, I craft, I am me, to show my selection of photos for her word list.  I've had fun with both finding in the archives & more recent ones, including a last minute photo yesterday, which is very fuzzy, but will have to do.  So here we go.

1.  DOOR.
A side door with beautiful ironwork at Bolton Abbey in the Yorkshire Dales.  Somewhere we head to each time, we visit the UK.  So this one is from my archives, probably 2014.

2.  11AM.
This is my fuzzy one, but hopefully you can read the little blackboard heart.  Taken about 2pm yesterday, at the Craft & Quilt Show in Melbourne, where I had a day out savouring many works of art.  If I was just a tad taller, it may have been better, but I did find it and, with a little bit of laughing by the stallholder as to why I needed it.  Luckily she is someone I know as she used to have a quilt shop in the next suburb to where we live, but it closed many years ago and is now an on-line business.  SAD!!.

3.  TEXTURE.
Just look at this old cart made from timber.  It definitely has TEXTURE!!!!!!  I took this photo earlier this year on a day out to Gulf Station, which is a National Trust property in the Yarra Valley region & is only open odd occasions.  I should do a post about it, as I did take many photos.

4.  SHADOW/S.
Another from the archives.  Taken at Temple Newsam in Leeds, this is part of the walled garden & although looking for another photo, I spotted this and realised the shadow line went diagonally from corner to corner.  There were a few other contenders.

5.  VIEW.
I narrowed this one down to a more recent photo, from the quick trip we had to Sydney.  This view is from the lookout area on Cambewarra Mountain, on the south coast of NSW, in the Shoalhaven region.  For many years we lived in Cambewarra Village at the bottom of this mountain, where hubby and I both worked out of Nowra.  Alas, this where I was made redundant from the bank, where I'd worked for many years and we've moved on several times.  It is an area I still dearly love, and yes that is the sea in the distance, and the little lump on the left is Mt. Coolangatta with the Shoalhaven River flowing out to sea in the centre.

6.  My Own Choice.
OH DEAR!!!!  I've two for this one.  Sorry.............................
Both doggy photos, to join with others who do the "dog bit" for their own choice.
Dash, on the left and Patch to the right.
On Sunday, just gone, it was a reasonable day, although, extremely fresh and we made our way to the coast for my monthly sea-air fix.  We walked along Cape Patterson beach, made our way up to the grassy knoll at the top to take in the view before we started along the beach again, back to the car.
As we sat, a motorbike descended the track to the beach & what did I espy in his back pannier, but these two cuties.  I asked politely if I could take photos & told yes I may.  The very nice man gave me an account of how he collects for The Children's Hospital by taking them out on odd occasions to raise this money.  I didn't have any money on me, due to just walking along the beach & he said it was OK, as they'd just needed a "wee" stop. BTW..  Patch licked me death.  They even have their own Facebook page.
Millie.
I'm sure everyone will know the artist who painted this.................
A beautiful portrait of a friend's dog, who sadly passed away suddenly, very recently.  This little lady was our unofficial mascot for the car club we belong to and is missed very much by her owner, as well as many of the members. I commissioned it from Kate.   We should be presenting this to her next Wednesday night at a committee meeting & I'm sure she'll do as I did, and cry as she unwraps it.
OK, that is all from me for now.
It's been a busy year so far and I know I've been slack on the blogging front, but the Scavenger Hunt keeps me on my toes, so as the weather warms and we venture towards Spring, I may keep more up to date.  I'll do the linky thing & keep an eye out for the other Hunter's post.
Take care all.
Susan.



35 comments:

  1. What lovely dog stories Susan and I love that view. And that old timber cart definitely has texture. I didn't get round to doung the scavenger hunt this time , but will try and get round the posts anyway. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza, I'm going to miss your selection.

      Delete
  2. A great choice for the shadow one, the view is great and the dog one...awww :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. It was a pity the day was a bit hazy for the view photo.

      Delete
  3. Always love your scavenger hunt photos, especially the shadow one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures again this month. That view is amazing but my favourite is the fund raising dogs. They seem quite used to being dressed up.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. They just have their scarves & goggles to protect their eyes from the wind.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos and stories Susan, love the dashing duo of dogs and thank you for sharing my painting of Millie - looking forward to hearing how it all goesxxx
    thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Thought you might like the dashing duo & I'll definitely let you know about the handover.

      Delete
  6. Love the door and the texture pictures !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy. One in UK and one in Oz, that's fair.

      Delete
  7. What joy to see your photos from Down Under. It is an interesting collection but my favourite is the 11 am one, closely followed by texture. So clever of you to spot it but then there are always good things to see at a Craft and Quilt Show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. You'd have loved the show. There were some amazing quilts on show and I felt I needed more time, but we had to catch a train before peak hour on our concessions cards.

      Delete
  8. The last two photos steal the show this month, those two doggies are just the cutest and the portrait is such a wonderful gift for your friend, I'm sure she'll love it. I recognised Temple Newsam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew which ones you'd love and which ones you'd recognise. I always think of you when we talk about Temple Newsam or look at our trip photos. Thank you.

      Delete
  9. How was the craft show? Worth going to? I LOVE the doggies!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth it, as some of the quilts were amazing. Out of my league with their intricacy, but gorgeous.

      Delete
  10. Super photos. The door is great and I love the texture in the old cart. Doggy pictures and stories are lovely and your view is amazing. Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. You have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  11. A great selection of photos Susan, I love that old cart! We are suckers for anything old and wooden! The dogs! So cute! I wish mine would pose like that! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juanita. I thought you'd like the dog photos & I too love old timber with lumps, bumps & patina, including beautiful old trees.

      Delete
  12. Always good photos Susan, but you have excelled yourself with 'Own Choice'. What patient darlings Patch and Dash are to put up with their clothing, but Kate's painting just steals the show.

    When you give Slate Millie to your friend you'd better have tissues handy - the way Kate has captured her eyes and expression is so moving - I'm tearing up and I didn't even know the little dog! You must let us know what happens. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. Tissues will definitely be handy, as I had to reach for them when I opened it myself.

      Delete
  13. Your furry friends are adorable, that did make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, they were so cute and loveable.

      Delete
  14. How lovely to see your photos, I especially liked the shadow one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos, Love the two dogs

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Think the dogs stole this Hunt.

      Delete
  16. Lovely collection! I recognised the door was Bolton Abbey before I read the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. Thought a couple of my blogpals may recognise the door.

      Delete
  17. The 'handbag seminar' was a class, taught on how to make fabric bags, not quite what you were thinking, as I was at a craft show, which has lots of 'make & take' lessons. Glad the dogs won you over instead.(giggle).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great photos and stories, especially 11am. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete