Friday 16 November 2018

MID MONTH MUSINGS.

The year is flying along, and I'm so behind on crafty posts due to motivation issues, but here come some photos of projects done and to be done.  Hope it's not too boring.
A finish in crochet.
                                    My Sunshine & Shadows crochet along is finally done.

Next is a quilt I made in a class, way back in (I think), 1996 and quilted & bound this year.  I'm donating it to the Sheltered Workshop that my brother has attended for many years.  They'll be using it in their Xmas raffle this year.

I'm pretty dreadful with the amount of quilts I do still have to be quilted & my tub of shame really needs sorting & DOING.  I took some photos today & will definitely make an effort to start, as I've some that I really need for future gifts.  As it was a pleasant day, although a little windy, I took these outside after lunch today. (and the 2 above.)


Oh, that is eight that need quilting and there are a few small ones in the tub too, from way back when.
Most of these are my own designs and that is really my big problem, as I love the design process, along with colour/fabric  & piecing, but not the quilting bit.  I do enjoy the hand sewing of the binding, then seeing how it all came together.  Ah, this is just me, being me.

IN THE GARDEN.
Having more trouble gardening because of my back, is not helping with my stress levels, as I do enjoy pottering about, growing both flowers and food.  These are just a few pics from the last 2 months and as we've had strange weather, I'm glad a few things have done well.
Pink bluebells in a pot.

Dutch iris under the silver birch.

Photinia near the bird feeder.

Snowball bush.

Julia's Rose.  I love the unusual colour in this rose and have grown it in most gardens I've had.
I actually made some brownies last week, as I've not even been baking much.
My weak coffee that I have for morning tea.  Only 1 coffee per day.
UMMMMM.......................
This one is funny.  I try and buy vegetables in the Odd Bunch varieties that one of our big supermarkets sells, though I also buy a lot from our  greengrocer, who supports the local farming community. 
And it has been used.
OK, enough of my nonsense today.  Thought I'd just let you know I am still here & not veging out in a corner, so take care all and have a lovely weekend.
Susan.


17 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, Lovely to catch up with you again. You've got lots finished. I love the crochet blanket - there's some work went into that ... I've been eyeing up a blanket KAL but sense is taking over as I have so many unfinished projects as well as a long list of presents to knit - and the nuisance is that life keeps getting in the way lol
    We found a supermarket in England doing odd shaped veggies - great idea.
    And that rose is just exquisite - makes me long for summer. Have a great weekend. Fil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. I grow weird veg at times & we still eat them, so as long as they aren't bruised or mouldy, does it really matter about their shape.

      Delete
  2. I love to see all your crafty makes, the blanket is gorgeous and your quilts, fabulous as usual. You really must get them finished off, they should be out on display where they can be enjoyed. I'm sorry to hear that your back's still bad, that's something you can't be doing with if you're a gardener. I'm so glad that the supermarkets are beginning to see sense and sell misshaped vegetables, so much food has gone to waste because they're not the 'right' shape, it's scandalous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Yes, I really must get some finished completely, but I keep thinking up more ideas & with such a large stash, have enough fabric to work with. I've just got to learn to live with my back pain & know what I can & can't do. I'm with you on food waste too.

      Delete
  3. The roses are a most beautiful colour so delicate. Your crochet and the quilts are wonderful too. Hope your back feels easier soon. Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. That rose changes colour with the seasons & weather, so is quite often different. I just need to pace myself with the back pain.

      Delete
  4. You are a very talented quilter, such stunning creations.
    The crochet blanket is beautiful.
    I can imagine your frustration at not being able garden due to your back, I hope by the spring your pain is a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. It's nearly the end of Spring now, although we've had days when it doesn't feel like it. Summer in a week & a half, can you believe?

      Delete
  5. We shouldn't leave odd shaped vegetables on the shelf, they still taste good! I'm pleased to see that many more shops and supermarkets are selling wonky vegetables or as yours are called the odd bunch.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jan, as long as they're not bruised or mouldy.

      Delete
  6. Your quilts all look fab and anyone who receives one will be throroughly thrilled I should think. I hope your back feels better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza. As for the back pain, I'm lucky that it comes & goes, but it's old age along with scoliosis & osteoporosis, so isn't going away anytime & I'm learning to live with it and do what I can. Take care.

      Delete
  7. Love all the quilts and the way you have taken pics of them!! Your garden is looking pretty too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a treasure of quilts in that box. I'll enjoy seeing your flowers for the next few months as my yard has gone asleep for winter. Vegging out is okay; this from someone who's doing a bit of it these days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As you know, I am even more horrendously "behind" in reading than you are in posting . . .

    But if this is a demonstration of you not being motivated then heaven help us when you get your zoom-zoom back again! That crochet is beautiful, well done for finishing. Your first quilt photo made me laugh out loud: 1996 - well done! As you know, I'm working on something from 98/99 at present!

    As for your Storage Tub of Shame - well honey, you beat me, you've got way more lovely tops waiting than are sitting on my Shelf of Shame, but I suspect you will have yours finished before me :) I mustn't write a small novel here, we're meant to be getting ready to go out. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your quilts, and the photos of them, and lovely garden ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you to my last 4 comments from Joy, Jayne, Judy & Joanna.
    Didn't have i'net access whilst away for a few days so am behind on blog reading too.

    ReplyDelete