Wednesday 3 July 2019

FAVOURITE FINISH FOR JUNE.

 I'm linking this month to join with Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs for the favourite finish.  Although some may have seen this quilt shown in June, it is the one I liked the most.

                                  

                                                                  SWISHY STARS.

It all started many years ago with an outline sketch in my graph book.  It sat there just waiting for the right time to be started.  I had the pansy fabric ready to go, found other bits to go with it, then the background fabric & put it aside in a basket.
I'd thought about doing it as a mystery quilt on my blog, but just don't have the confidence.  I even looked to see if I could find the block in books, but none quite like it.

Come the beginning of 2019 and I decided to make a start.
The first block on the design wall after trying to do a tutorial for it.

Next came more blocks & the sashing stars.

Finally done & ready to be quilted.

And .......voila!  Out for it's photo shoot.

Hope you enjoyed it's journey from start to finish.    Thank you & there are lovely quilts to be seen for June over at Cheryl's blog linkup.
Take care all & huggles, Susan.

20 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful. I love the design and the fabric you've used too. You really should have more confidence, you know (says me, ha), I'm sure there'd be lots of people interested in a mystery quilt along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I try hard, but it doesn't always work. May at least have another for Make Modern later this year if I can get organised.

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous quilt Susan! You should try to write up the tutorial! Just go for one block and tell everyone it's your first attempt and let you know if there are any confusions... Quilters are pretty forgiving. Then, take it to the next step and write the tutorial for the entire quilt! It's a lot of work but fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra & I am worried about making errors in the instructions & have trouble with good diagrams, but I may try one later in the year.

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see the quilt as it progresses to cmpletion. It is very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I'll bet you grow lovely pansies in your pretty garden.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your photographs.
    This quilt is so lovely …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know that is one of my favourites :-)

    I also had a little of the beautiful pansy fabric you used in the block centres, have a feeling I've used it all up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne & you did help the colour decision of the first border. I've still got a lot of those pansy fabrics, some which I used in one of the test quilts for Sue, when I first started blogging!!!

      Delete
  6. I think that quilt was my favorite too :) Love all the photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the layout with two different star sizes. And the quilting design with stippling and stars (or how else you would describe it) is fitting so well. xo Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie for your lovely comment. Your photos are so good, they've given me inspiration for my photo shoots.

      Delete
  8. I do admire ladies who quilt. This one is a stunner, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt & i love the colours. I'd also love to hear about you design wall. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanette & I'll try & do a post this week on the design wall.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful finish! Thank you for taking us through the whole design progress, it was fun seeing the quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl & for hosting this linkup. I think it keeps some of us motivated.

      Delete
  11. Love this quilt. I like the floral in the center block and the third fabric behind the star that looks like a shadow, to me anyway. Nicely done. Hope I have a finish to share soon.

    ReplyDelete