Sunday 10 November 2019

UK TRIP (Part Two).

YORKSHIRE.
My posts of our trip away, could be a little top heavy with photos.  Sorry.
Ah, here we are now in Yorkshire & some lovely photos from a day at Bolton Abbey.

        A view towards the Abbey from the terrace of the cafe, where we had a morning cuppa.

                               A walk along the path above the river netted me these photos.
                                                                          Wildflowers.
                                  A stile plus a little hole for maybe wildlife, a dog or even a child.
The monument along the path after we'd crossed the river & no, to those who know the area, not on the stepping stones, but the bridge further upstream.
Another view of the Abbey from the above path showing the river with it's sandy type edges and so many people enjoying a great day out.
 Looking over beautiful lawns to the lovely.................Um, not sure whether it is a hotel, reception centre or just a house, but it is beautiful.  Maybe someone could help me with this one?
                                              The pretty black face sheep, that I truly love.
                                        For me, such a quintessentially English looking scene.

THE LAKES DISTRICT.
A few days away in the Lakes with my brother & sister-in-law saw us take them to places we've visited, but they haven't.  Odd!!! 
Again just some photos of where we went, my happy snaps & trying to remember where they were taken.😖
 Driving in such beautiful countryside.  Not a great deal of luck taking photos this particular day due to dreary weather & not being able to stop, with so much traffic on the roads.
 Honister Slate Mine, a place my friend Jayne introduced us to in 2016.  The in-laws were well taken with it and thanked us for taking them there.  I do find it fascinating too.
                                            One of the little engines towing a lump of slate.
From the parking area of the mine, you can see this creek (or should that be beck or stream), flowing down the hillside and forming a waterfall.  Gorgeous!!!!
Another stop was Castle Rigg and as there were a lot of people around, I didn't take many photos.  I do have some good ones I took back in either 2014 or 16.  This is part of the remarkable view you see from this lovely spot.
The day after A&J had departed, DH & I took ourselves for a drive and ended up at Lake Windemere.
Again, way too many people about for many photos, but we did see this...................
A simulator for a motor bike ride.  Our grandson Master L. would have been blown away.  He is a big Guy Martin fan, (as are we, lol).  We didn't partake, but photos are worth remembering.
            On our last day in Keswick, overnight rain had made the river run very high.  Quite scary.

OK, I am catching up & will definitely do a couple more through the week, as I need to start getting my butt into gear with more happenings both here and on the crafting front.
Hope you enjoy some of our adventures (more to come) and thanks for visiting.
Take care all & huggles from Susan.
BTW.  Weather wise, here in southern Victoria, it is cold, wet, windy and oh so miserable.  Not a bit like late Spring, even snow on Mt. Donna Buang (not far from the outer suburbs of Melbourne) & Mt. Baw Baw, just north of us.The big thing is, that I'd like to send some of our rain north, as they are in severe drought and ravished by bushfires.  Such a difference in weather patterns in our large country and I'm feeling for them.
xxxxxxxxxxx

9 comments:

  1. I think your unknown photo is Bolton Abbey Hall part of the estate owned by the Dukes of Devonshire, who also own Chatsworth in Derbyshire. Deborah, the late Dowager Duchess of Devonshire, was the last of the famous Mitford Sisters. Love your photos. I am also thinking of Sydney as the flames get closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this year has been rather damp - even more so recently. Thinking of Australia at this time with all the fires :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see the photos of your visit over here. Weather does seem to be extreme at the moment and it is sad to hear about floods and fires. I hope all will be well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb pictures of your trip to the UK, you have captured some lovely places.
    Lots of rain and floods are not making this autumn very nice here in the UK, Mother Nature is sending us some trying times all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos Susan, and yes the weather is very up and down, isn't it? 35deg here yesterday and 16 today! Lots of wind, but no fires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely photographs you've shared here.
    Seeing the Lake District bought back special memories, husband Eddie and I love the place :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see more of your trip to the UK, and such a familiar place to me too (Bolton Abbey). I often think it's funny how visitors to our country have visited many more places here than I have. I've never been to the Lake District, even though we're not far away. We were actually going to take a short break there last year but we never got round to it for one reason or another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and enjoyed your photos and reading about your adventures. I would love to visit Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see your photos. So many places I have visited,Bolton Abbey for one, but not yet Honister. Must remedy that. X

    ReplyDelete