Saturday 2 July 2022

FAVOURITE FINISH LINKUP.

 

Linking up with Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs for our favourite finish for June.

Not a lot has been achieved for June on the quilting front, but I did put the binding on my Pop Star No.2 quilt and took some photos in the great outdoors today, once the fog had lifted around lunch time.  We took a short drive out of town & ended up in Ripplebrook where there are some wonderful views of Gippsland.  I also took an extra quilt with me, that although finished a month or so ago,I'd only shown it unfinished in an earlier post.

POP STAR.
Trying to capture the extensive views behind the double chimneys, old cart and large tree.


A closer snap.

WACKY ONE. 
A design of my own I posted about with it's beautiful bright backing last month.

A little closer.
Just a few quick photos of where we were today and what we followed along the narrow roads through farmland.
We followed this seeder behind a large tractor for quite some way.  Not the best photo as I took it through the windscreen.

Those wonderful derelict chimneys that I've wanted to use for years.

Lovely gums on the grass verge.

Stacks of hay near a farm gate.

And from over the road I was being watched.

OK, enough from me and I have wandered a little from the Favourite Finish, but being so cold, wet and grey lately I've not taken the camera out much or even inside the house as it's been so dismal.  Yesterday, we didn't have power all day, so had a little trip out and think my mojo may be returning.
Linking this up now.
Take care all and big hugs from down under.
Susan.

17 comments:

  1. I've never taken a lot of notice of the beautiful scenery before as I've been focused on your gorgeous quilts. Oh my it's lovely out there,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. Yes it is rather lovely in Gippsland, reminding us of the The Dales in a way.

      Delete
  2. The quilts are fabulous and look lovely in the great outdoors, I always think you can capture the colours better in natural light. Glad you managed to get out of the house for a little while, it always perks me up when I get into the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. It was nice to be outside with a bit of blue & some sunshine. I shouldn't complain as northern N.S.W. & Queensland are in for severe rainstorms & terrible flooding, even Sydney where my brother lives.

      Delete
  3. Interesting quilts-in-the-wild photos! What were the 2 smoke stacks used for? Of course I love the quilts, too! I especially enjoyed seeing the Pop Star quilt parade. I love your clear red star in the middle and on the corners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy & I do like outdoor snaps for my quilts. The 2 chimneys are the last remnants of an old house that would have probably been the original farmhouse.

      Delete
  4. like how you have styled your photo shoots :)
    I'm surprised how green everything considering you're in winter, Africa used to be dustbowl brown by this time of year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. We are usually fairly green by now and as long as we don't heavy too many frosts, stay this way till late Spring. The south east corner of Victoria is quite a lush area, which I think is why it is dairy & orchard country.

      Delete
  5. Your quilts do look nice.
    I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts are lovely and good to see your outdoor, countryside photos. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilts, and great that you had a day out in the country. Great photographs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy & good to get out. It's been a cold start to winter, hasn't it?

      Delete
  8. You choose some lovely settings to display and photograph your beautiful quilts. It's good to get out and about. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie & we do live in a very scenic part of Victoria.

      Delete
  9. Oh my, those photos show just how wintery it is right now! Beautiful non the less... and your quilts are just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete