Sunday 28 August 2022

AUGUST DrEaMi

 Linking with Sandra at mmm.quilts for her "drop everything and make it" for the month of August.

I've struggled through this month, but did think I'd join in a QAL with churn dash blocks and though I had good intentions couldn't  muster enough OOMPH to do a whole quilt.

Somewhere at some time I'd done a quick sketch of a churn dash type block and so I got out my graph book and after five tries, came up with some OK measurements and here is what I made.  

It isn't quilted as yet, but Sandra said I could show it.  I've called it Churn Dash Twist and the 2 centres have fabric  I bought in Whitby some years back while on holiday in UK.

I'm keeping this short and sweet, but hope to be back tomorrow with a catchup post of all sorts of things.
Being a bit down is not good, but we've actually had some sunshine yesterday & today, so that is helping somewhat.
Hope you've all had a good weekend & next week goes well.
Take care all and huge hugs from down under.
Susan.


19 comments:

  1. Lovely, and nice that you included fabric from a holiday you've taken, it will bring back happy memories. It's amazing how a little sunshine can lift the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. The sun was certainly welcome after such a long winter and we had a good walk yesterday.

      Delete
  2. That is a neat design - love how the churn dashes intertwine! Sometimes making something small is just the boost you need. They give a good feeling of accomplishing something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll quilt and bind it soon & hang in my sewing room.

      Delete
  3. You are coming to the end of your winter so bound to be feeling a bit low. Chin up Susan cos summer is just around the corner. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie & we got in a nice walk yesterday & we'll see what today brings.

      Delete
  4. Looks very good to me :)
    Enjoy your sunshine.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan & of course Spring supposedly starts on Thursday, so should warm up soon.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely it's A DrEAMi! There are quintessential Drop Everything and Make it projects where you don't stop until you have the thing completely finished, and there are those where you just have to make the block or the flimsy to get it out of your system lol! Love this linked Churn Dash block! Today is still Sunday here but Monday in Oz, so a very happy birthday to you my friend! Hope the day is sunny and lifts your spirits. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra for hosting and my birthday wishes. We had a lovely walk yesterday & blossom trees, wattle & magnolias all look so gorgeous along with the many bulbs in bloom. Just glad I crunched the numbers on graph paper for the block.

      Delete
  6. Churn Dash is one of my favourite blocks. I like you linked blocks. It looks finished to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I'm partial to too may blocks.(giggle)

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you've had some sunshine to lift your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's interesting interlocking the blocks........ Hope your feeling better..... The can have weather has such an effect on us

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you lots more sunshine so you feel a little better. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this block! There is lots of potential there :)

    ReplyDelete