Tuesday 9 May 2023

MY QUILT VILLAGE...............SO FAR.

 

I'm linking today with Sandra from mmmquilts in Canada with what I have achieved so far with my take on her Rainbow Neighbourhood QAL.  Mine is to be a quaint village, reminiscent of English villages and will be going to the Special School to hang on the wall.  

I'll start with an overall photo on the design wall and then each individual building.  Two still need to have embroidered letters for School & Library.  Wonder if you might guess which 2 they are?  Here goes..........

I've completed 8 of the 9 so far.


Trying so hard to put 2 photos on side by side so they don't take up much space, but cannot work it out.






These 4 above are my houses.
Next we have..................
The garden Pot Shop or maybe even an actual pottery.
Next comes.................
The Post Office.
I will see if anyone can guess what the next 2 might be.

I mirror reversed this one which will be in the centre of the 9.

Last of the eight I've done.
If you look closely or click to make the image larger, there is a giveaway hint in the windowpane.
The last building to come is something I think my friend Jo will probably guess before anyone else.
After nearly spitting the dummy, this will have to do for the layout of this post.  Maybe one day I'll learn the easy way of popping 2 photos side by side.

One last note of a funny day out on Sunday.  I was talking to someone at the Car Club on Saturday who just happened to mention his wife (not met her yet), was at a small local Quilt Show that was on the weekend, so off we headed on Sunday, only to find it was on Saturday ONLY.  So what did we do?
Went for a drive and ate some lunch looking out over Bass Strait & came home on some back roads.  A few photos follow.  I might add that the day was strange weather wise, with strong winds, cloud, a bit of rain occasionally followed by snippets of sun.
Taken from the car as it was so windy.
Kilcunda.

Driving through Mirboo North on a street we generally don't go down I noticed this gorgeous mural.

                                Not really the best photos as it was just starting to rain again.


OK, that's my lot for today and I'm posting this as is and must sort out a few more posts of catching up with our meanderings of late, The Silo Trail and other trivial bits.  The weather is absolutely foul again today, cold and wet and we have the woodburner lit.  Trying to dry washing too & have to do the grocery shopping this afternoon.  

Take care all and big warm hugs from down under.
Susan.






   




               






17 comments:

  1. That quilt is now on my to do list. It's so pretty you clever lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie & not me so clever, but my friend Sandra who designed it. I'm just having fun doing it my way.

      Delete
    2. I think your way is fantastic. It's a gorgeous design and you really are doing it justice

      Delete
  2. Just love your quilt village.
    That is a nice mural you came across.

    Enjoy your May days, I hope the weather will not be too bad.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan & we love coming across new to us murals.

      Delete
  3. Love your quilt village - each building having its own purpose! You've done some fun fussy cutting for each house, too. That's a beautiful mural and ocean view as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've had fun trawling through my scraps.

      Delete
  4. I love how you’ve made houses AND some buildings for a little village! I think the last one is the library because of the books in the window though with an apple on top (for the teacher) it could be the schoolhouse too. The second last is maybe the school - great pens fabric! Interesting how you’ve changed the chimneys too! What a great idea to hang it on the wall at the school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra & you are certainly keeping me motivated with this one. You are spot on with your answers & as my DD is a librarian at a school, it could be either, but no, it's the village library.

      Delete
  5. These are wonderful, Susan. I can just imagine the whole village. So colourful too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Susan, isn't your village so beautiful with those gorgeous houses. Each one so special. I love your plan for them too. I wish I was a more accurate sewer on the machine. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jocelyn and I'm definitely not the most accurate sewer, but you must look at the quilt as a whole & not worry too much over the minute details.

      Delete
  7. At least you know you will always be toasty warm, with all your lovely throws and quilts, they must come in handy once the cooler weather arrives. You have some gorgeous views on your drives anyway. Hopefully you will meet the quilt show lady another time soon. X




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, yes lots of quilts here to keep us warm & it's only 3deg. as I type this. Not quite your English countryside around here, but enough for us to appreciate its beauty.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I love this quilt, isn't it fun with all the little village buildings. I think the next one is going to be a craft shop, surely every village needs one, haha. Shame about the quilt show but at least you made the most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your quilt village!!! And I love the scenic photos! That mural though--a perfect backdrop for a quilt photo!

    ReplyDelete