Wednesday 2 August 2023

LAGGING BEHIND..................A BIT OF THIS & THAT!

 We'll start with apologies for not blogging lately and that is just due to my mood, weather and so many changes going on in our world.  Now let's see what we've been up to during winter so far, though it will be mostly quilt stuff, as I need to link with Meadow Mist Designs.

A couple of finishes and photo shoots have finally happened in July.


Two photos  taken outside in a local town park of THE VILLAGE quilt I did as QAL with Sandra from mmmquilts and now it has taken up residence at our towns Special School.  More about that later.

Deco Delight
Now quilted and bound & photographed sideways on a friend's stationary tram.
It's been hard to take photos outside due to the weather.  One of my own designs.

WHIMSEY NO.2
This is another of my own designs, made after my first Whimsey, which was made to replicate colours in a crocheted rug by the lovely Lucy at Attic24 blog.
Photo taken yesterday inside due weather constraints again.
So good to have these out of the tub of shame & finished.

I'm also participating in a book blog hop with Cheryl, again from Meadow Mist Designs and am showing my progress on Snapdragon Cove from her latest quilt book, called Just 2 Charm Packs.
It's not working out as well as I'd hoped and that is my own fault with the Layer Cake I chose to use up.
It has been hanging around on the shelf for a long time and if I remember rightly was a thank you gift from someone from long ago.  I'll persevere and hope to finish the flimsy soon, get it quilted and bound. I'm thinking of gifting it to Windgap Foundation for the Christmas Raffle they run at the end of the year.
What has happened so far.
HSTs done & sorted.  Quite a lot.

Starting the placement of a few, then sewing together.


This is how far I've progressed up till yesterday.


Now for a quick update on the Great Southern Rail Trail.

We started off at Meeniyan & walked back to where we finished our walk last time, then of course had to walk back to Meeniyan and think in all we did between 8-9 kilometres.

Just as we left that signage above we discovered a gorgeous community garden, which I'll do a catch up post later this week.  Below is one of the quirky sculptures in the garden, which I love.
Next a photo of the bridge we crossed with the old rail bridge beside, as you can see, has deteriorated over the years.
OK, I'm finishing up this post for today and will hopefully be back with more this week and must keep my blog up to date, for my own pleasure/sanity and hopefully others who enjoy seeing wacky bits of our life.  
Take care all and big hugs from a cool, but sunny day from down under.
Susan.



18 comments:

  1. Your Village quilt is fabulous and I love how you've photographed it, it can be challenging to photograph things indoors during winter with the low light levels, though I've got the lights on today, you'd think it was winter here with rain lashing against the window and the drop in temperature. I love that sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Oh dear, thought the northern hemisphere were having heatwaves. Did you notice the gumboots on the sheep & little girl?

      Delete
  2. I love how your Snapdragon Cover is coming along. Thank you so much for being a part of the hop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, it's coming along nicely now.

      Delete
  3. Good to see you here, Susan. Your quilts are wonderful and I really like the sculpture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. Aren't the gumboots on the sheep cute?

      Delete
  4. Your Village quilt turned out beautifully! I sympathize with your struggles on finishing Snapdragon Cove, I did good to get my project to finished flimsy before today. Love that bold green with the earthy browns. It will make a lovely donation quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Not far off flimsy stage now.

      Delete
  5. I think your Snapdragon Cove is looking great! The solid fabrics you chose are spot on ... I wouldn't have thought to use the tan, and it works well. Good luck on finishing the flimsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle & I think yours is looking good too.

      Delete
  6. I do like your quilts and I like the quirky sculpture.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your house quilt, especially the quilt blocks on the exteriors. I agree that the photo settings are charming. Your quilt designs are provocative; they make me think of Native American blanket designs. Sounds like your having fun over there; keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, not realised you still followed. Hope all is well with you. Take care & hugs.

      Delete
  8. Oh Susan I just LOVE your quilt village aka Rainbow Neighbourhood! It is fabulous. But the photo shoot location—be still my heart! So so good. Thank you for quilting along yet again with me this year. I haven’t been back to blogging regularly since I took the month of July off…seems to be a theme doesn’t it?! I really like where the quilt for Cheryl’s book is going too. Beautiful photos of your area as always. Hope as the spring comes in your mood will lift. It’s tough days with the weather (we actually spent an hour late last night in our basement due to a tornado warning—we are okay but lots of flooding 10-18 cm in our county. We had 17 cm in less than 48 hours according to our rain gauge!) not to mention the forest fires across the globe and flooding and landslides… Our earth is hurting. I find a little sewing time helps so much, just making something pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was about to send an email as I've been a little worried and I'm the same with the world hurting and in turmoil. Glad you are OK with all that flooding & the bushfires. Also finding blogging different, but must keep sewing, my photography back up to what it was and just trying to settle. Thanks for the late comment & will correspond soon.

      Delete
  9. Love, love, love the village quilt and the way you photographed it!! xx

    ReplyDelete