Wednesday 12 February 2014

RIPPLE RUG AND BABY QUILT.

A few photos I promised last Saturday, but got busy with trying to get everything straight.  Just about there with the unpacking, but will probably change a few things around over the coming months. Does everybody else do that after a move?
Worst thing about this week has been the incessant dust from earthworks on the new estate just over the way and the thick smoke haze from the bushfires.  Most of Victoria has been affected by the smoke which supposedly should clear tomorrow.  Other than that we've had a few hot days, though not as bad as last week.

Baby quilt so far.  It still needs border, but will have to wait till my Bernina is back from repairs, hopefully this Friday.

Ripple rug is progressing slowly .
Now for some photos of our living area.  We do have a formal lounge, but that is my "quilting room".  Our furniture has been collected over many years from all sorts of places and has resided in quite a few homes over the years.  I suppose you could call it homely and eclectic.





I'd love to show the garden too, but just at the moment because of the hot, dry weather, it looks quite pathetic, so will wait till we get into autumn.  There is actually not much in the way of colour as we have lots of hedges and green shrubbery.  I am missing all my lovely plants from our home in Warragul, so tonight I attempted to do a sort of arrangement for the side table and this is what I came up.

Dusty Miller (I think) from the backyard.
One last photo showing the smoke haze taken from our front yard.  Once we have a clear day again, I will take the same shot and you may be surprised at what I can usually see.

This is a reserve across the road with a walking/bike path through it.  I must try and get on my bike again and make use of it.
That is all for now, until you read me again, take care.
Susan.

14 comments:

  1. I love the homely and eclectic look too Susan and your quilts are fab.XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your quilt and ripple are beautiful, as is your new home. I'm sure you'll get your garden just how you want it eventually, there's no rush. I love that there's a reserve across the road and I look forward to a photo of what you can usually see behind that smoke haze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, having a reserve is interesting, as we see people jogging, walking, riding, dog walking, and a whole football team out for a run. Still a light smoke haze this morning, but maybe it will clear over the weekend. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you are settling in to your new home. Your living room is lovely, I like the eclectic looks and flashes of colour. That ripple is looking fantastic. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian, I'm just catching up "again".

      Delete
  4. Your new home looks cosy and comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, it's starting to feel more like home now.

      Delete
  5. We could do with a bit of your heat at the moment to dry up our soggy country! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd try and send some sunshine, but not the heat as it has been very draining and our fires have been horrendous. We had a little rain last night, but not sure that will make it any greener. Take care in the wet.

      Delete
  6. Hi Susan, sorry to have been AWOL, the tekkie gremlins wouldn't let me comment on your blog last week. Thanks for coming over to Bag End - no email needed..... you're busy enough settling into your new home although it looks like you are making huge progress! Everything seems to have fitted into your sitting room beautifully,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, nearly settled and now looking at how to make the garden sparkle.

      Delete
  7. Hmmmm.. that all looks pretty familiar!!! Yes it is pretty dry at the moment... although we did have a bit of a downpour the day before yesterday... off to tackle some more boxes :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the boxes are disappearing slowly. (giggle).

      Delete
  8. Hi Susan I have missed some of your posts! Your new living room looks lovely, great view! Such a massive contrast from there to here!

    ReplyDelete