Thursday 20 November 2014

TOMORROW, A BIG DAY!

BIRTHDAYS

The 21st November is quite a day for us.  18 years ago, our first grandchild came into this world.


The photo above is Xmas day 1996 with Pop and our little granddaughter (belongs to eldest son) relaxing together on the lounge.  Another 9 years down the track, along came our daughter's first baby, a little boy.  So tomorrow, one will be 18 and the other 9.  A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you both.  We love you lots.

This was going to be a much longer post, but finding the photo above took an extraordinary amount of time, and it is early as we'll be out for the full day tomorrow.  I'll just finish up with a couple more pics from our holiday.  I am trying to get that finished, so I can get on with a tutorial about quilting and what we've been up to lately.




This where I went one Saturday whilst in UK.  Skipton Auction Mart played host to Yarndale, which I thought was absolutely wonderful.  I'd loved to have spent a lot more time there, but couldn't because of family time.  I didn't get to meet Lucy from Attic 24, but did meet Fi from Marmalade Rose whose work is absolutely stunning.  OK, this is all for today, but hopefully on Saturday, I'll do the post on putting borders on a quilt.  Have a great Friday everyone and take care.
Susan.

7 comments:

  1. Happy BIG birthdays to both your grand children. Such milestones have to be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mitzi, though an 18 year old granddaughter make me feel old.(lol)

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see your photos from Yarndale and to know that you had a good time. Happy Birthday to all of your birthday celebrants! I hope they all have a great time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Yarndale was something to behold in the animal stalls.

      Delete
  3. A big happy birthday from me to both grandchildren, I hope they have a lovely day. Marmalade Rose was one of my favourite things at Yarndale, her work is just stunning. I loved the rabbit with the dandelion, if only I had the money to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I'll send the greetings along. I also love her mouse amongst the flowers, as well as her hare. They've been on her blog and I also saw one of her felted pics in a store somewhere, which now escapes my memory. I know I'll remember at some time. They are expensive, but boy oh boy, there is a lot of work in them.

      Delete
  4. Lovely to see reminders of a happy Yarndale day, last year I chatted briefly with Lucy and she came across as a sweet person giving everyone a chance to talkx

    ReplyDelete