Thursday 30 April 2015

BREATHING SLOWLY!!!!!

Yes, I'm still here and first, I want to THANK  everyone so much for the comments you left and feel that you understand.
Next, along with the decluttering, I actually put an old pieced top on the machine and quilted it and am now hand sewing the binding.  This was made as a mystery quilt from the magazine Traditional Quiltworks (no longer in publication) around the mid nineties and I will donate it to Vision Australia as the Xmas raffle this year.  Just getting in early for a change.

Mystery quilt made also as part of a challenge with a couple of other ladies to use this rather "garish" fabric.
Yesterday saw us pop on down to Geelong to pick up a cover for our caravan, which has been leaking again, although the top has been resealed.  Whilst there, we decided to drive on to Portarlington and have our lunch by the bay.  They are building a new pier alongside the old one and we took a walk down to the breakwater, but the most amazing thing is what we saw on the way.




I've not seen so many starfish, ever.  They were literally covering all the new piers and along the bottom of the water near the small marina.  For some reason I cannot locate the photo of them on the bottom and do hope I haven't deleted it.  The little bird was perched on a rock, but I heard it before I saw it.  He was then joined by another one.  Quite a nice day out, although it was an unexpected trip.

Now, I wasn't going to tell about this, but I'm not good at keeping surprises or secrets.

As most of you know, moving to Ballarat hasn't been good and I'm sure I couldn't live here for another 10 years or so.  This house has the most unpleasant feeling and we've decided to go back to the West Gippsland area, where we lived from April 2004 to January 2014.  We made many friends and the area itself is quite scenic, so by the end of May, we will be back in our old stomping ground.
We've sold here and bought over there, hence my anxiety, which I can usually keep in check and also the decluttering.  This was one of those expensive exercises in financial terms as well as experience.
We thought we were doing the right things for retirement, but we've learnt a valuable lesson and will move on.
Just a quick peak at our new home and garden.  I have used these from the real estate page, but did crop them a little.  None of the inside for now, but it won't be long before I can start showing some once there.

View from near the little shed.

Front.

Part of the back garden.

Again, a big thanks to all my followers and hope to be able to post again a couple more times before "moving day", when our internet will be turned off for probably about a week or so.  I'll keep you all up to date with what is happening.  Hopefully I will settle and we can breathe freely again and start living the good life.
Take care, huggles from Susan.

10 comments:

  1. Your new home looks fantastic, love the garden, you will be able to spend many happy and relaxing hours out there.

    Hang on in there, won't be long before you are back where you belong :-)
    huggles, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, can't wait to get into that garden and have loads of ideas. Huggles back.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely house, and garden too. I think you're definitely doing the right thing, I think the main thing is that you've realised you've made a mistake and are doing something about it. Life's too short to be unhappy. Not long to wait now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Ever since we got back from UK, we just knew it wasn't right. Better now than when we are too old. I'll email over the weekend with some more details. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Well done!!!! I am so pleased for you. If it wasn't right, it doesn't sounds as if it was ever going to be right, so sometimes cutting your losses and doing something else is the right thing to do isn't it. Your new home looks beautiful and has a very pretty garden doesn't it!! I hope that you will be very happy there back amongst your old friends and familiar stomping grounds. Well done you for taking such a big and brave decision and considering that you have been coping with all of that I am sure that you have been dealing with your anxiety far better than you imagine that you have! I am sending you a great big hug and well done and am smiling that I hope you are going to be so very happy!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy. Sometimes things just aren't meant to be and life is one big learning curve. I'll always except hugs.

      Delete
  4. You must be really excited about the move and your new home looks lovely. Is it close to the area that you lived in previously? Will you be able to keep up with old neighbours? All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Other side of town, but we knew people all over town and out on properties too. Here is about 100,000 people and only 13,000+ where we are going. I just don't do "big" and I'll be back at Vision volunteering too. Take care.

      Delete
  5. So glad that you have mentioned your move, I had been wondering how things were going and hoped that things where progressing well :) Beautiful pictures, I am sure once you have settled in and sorted all your things out - you will breathe deeply and know you've done the correct thing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn. I've been meaning to email, but just got caught up in all that's happening. I'm going to try and email a couple of people over the weekend. Aren't the starfish great? Take care.

      Delete