Friday 17 April 2015

CONFESSIONS !

Sorry this post has been so long coming, but I'm still in extreme declutter mode and not liking it here either, isn't helping with the stress levels.
Apart from that I've actually finished the two baby quilts and the cat mat.  All should be winging their way to UK in  a short while.

On the clothes line this morning before the rain set in.

Closeup of  "Bookshelf Bears" for K & G.

"Tiny Creatures"  for A & L.

Cat mat made from leftovers of the quilt I made for nephew and partner, which I showed in either February of March.

A few weekends ago we did some more of the Rail Trail on a lovely sunny day, and saw the remains of a road bridge, which at one time crossed the rail-line.

As you can see from the fact that hubby is standing there under what remains, it must have been some bridge.  BTW, he is 6ft 3 inches.

OK, I said I was only stressed, but I've not been 100% due to the fact that I've developed bad anxiety over the last couple of years, which could actually be a side affect of my blood pressure medication.  It has come back to bite me of late and I know it will pass and saying that I'm actually doing a post is something. So may be I'm on the mend.  Medications can be nightmare and the fact that I've always stressed doesn't help.  Hope no-one minds me telling this, as I do love my little blog and the friends I've made, so hope you'll all understand and I will try and post a little over the next month or so,  and do some catching up with my blogroll.

6 comments:

  1. One definition of a friend is someone who understands, and will be there, waiting patiently :-}

    Hope the decluttering has not been too bad, look forward to the gory details when you are ready. {{hug}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worrying about doing blog posts won't be helping. We all understand and will still be here when you feel more able to blog again. Your quilts are beautiful, I think the Bookshelf Bears is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot imagine that anyone would mind you sharing your difficulties. I certainly don't. As Jo said above me, stressing about your blog won't help, and although it is always wonderful to hear from you, don't add to your worries by feeling that you must blog, do it if as and when you can and most importantly want to. Also, I truly believe - and know - that sharing really can make a difference, so talk to your family and friends and you can talk here too if you want to. Sometimes just writing it all down and then pressing delete can help. Just getting it written down somehow puts all your worries in order, sorts them through in your mind and then you can look at it from a bit of a distance and see that it perhaps isn't quite so bad as you fear it might be and that helps to put things into their rightful place. Also, if you think your other meds are having an effect see if your doctor can change them to something else, there are loads of different blood pressure meds and another one might not have this effect on you, also seeking help with meds for anxiety is not as uncommon as you might think - and trust me when I say this - they can have a huge difference on your ability to cope and really do help! Anyway, I hope that it isn't perhaps as bad as that, but if it is there is nothing wrong in speaking to your doctor. I keep you in my thoughts and hope that you will be feeling more yourself again. Cherish yourself a little my dear. Hugs. Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look after yourself! The quilts are gorgeous... especially the bookshelf bears. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lived with someone who suffered anxiety and depression, so know that what you are going through is very real. Do look forward to reading your blog when you are able. Could you contact me with your postal address, or do I have the current one? Maybe it will cheer you up to know that you won the giveaway on my blog last night! So I need to send you a parcel! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really sorry about the anxiety, and I really do sympathise with you. I am always glad when people talk about mental health openly and honestly as it helps break down the taboos and misinformation that surrounds this issue. Blog as and when you feel like it. The quilts are lovely, I love the intricate stitching that runs all over the finished piece, it really transforms it. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete