Sunday 2 August 2015

A DAY LATE!!!!!!

This was supposed to be a post about the 1st August.  The day got away from me and I was tired last night, so just watched mindless TV and crocheted.

First, I would like THANK all who commented on my previous post, but time wasn't on my side and I didn't reply.  Sorry.
We'll now pretend.  HAPPY YORKSHIRE DAY to all my family and friends in that gorgeous county.  Happy Birthday also, to horses here in the Southern Hemisphere and there was to be another, until I realised that in 1992 the "powers that be", changed Wattle Day from the 1st August to the 1st September, even though there are clouds of yellow brightening roadsides and bushland now.


The above is an applique which I've shown before, but it was in the WIP box which I've been sorting through and I'm now thinking about how to use it.  I thought it appropriate for this post.
And, the photos I chose from our trips in 2009, 2011 and 2014, which are some of my favourite places, I wasn't going to label them, but I'll be good and then everyone knows what they are.

Brimham Rocks

Fountains Abbey

Whitby Abbey

Saltaire Mill with the allotments in the foreground.

Malham Cove.

Roundhay Park with one the show gardens from Chelsea reconstructed in the grounds.
A gentle giant.  These beautiful shire horses would have to be my favourites.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

The above photos are in no particular order and only part of what I could have chosen.  Although late, I do hope the weather was kind and being a Saturday, that most of you could get out and about to enjoy your wonderful countryside.
During the week I hope to post again (trying to keep to a bit more news), but this afternoon we are off visiting and also getting some "horse poo" for my veg bed.  Hmmm!!  Best go and turn out the chocolate cake we are taking with us, before it gets too cold.
Have a great weekend all and take care.
Susan.

10 comments:

  1. Yorkshire Day? That's a new one on me :-)
    Malham Cove is definitely on our 'list' for a visit, haven't been there for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I mentioned Yorkshire Day a couple of years ago. Like you I love Malham Cove and hope to visit again some day. It's awesome.

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a good afternoon, your comment of horse poo and then chocolate cake had me smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned them both in the same sentence, but the cake went down well and other stuff is up the back waiting to be dug into garden, when it's not raining.

      Delete
  3. I went to Fountains Abbey with a school trip when I was 13. I then went back with the family a few years ago. It's amazing how much more had been excavated over the years! Still a fascinating place! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find Fountains to be fascinating and one of the largest Abbey's we've visited out of quite a few we've been to. We've nothing like that over here.

      Delete
  4. The old abbeys are fascinating; I'd love to ramble through them. I agree that the shire horse is lovely; very majestic. Your comments about it being too cold have me smiling; we are in the middle of a heat wave here and I'm being thankful for central air conditioning. Don't know how I lived without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, I do love visiting abbeys. We've seen the wildfires they are having California, so suspected it was "very" warm in parts of US. Hope it cools down soon and take care.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos especially of the shire - I have a soft spot for heavy horses :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Hawthorn. I also have a soft spot for them and always gravitate to them when I see one.

    ReplyDelete