Friday 28 April 2017

SCAVENGER PHOTO HUNT.


Linking up with Kate for another photo challenge.  Quite a few this month were a bit out of my comfort zone, but they are all here in some form or another. 😊

1.   NEW
Some new patterns I'm playing with on my big machine (Bubs), that I have cobbled together & am quilting on a pieced top I made many years ago.  Just one of the many I still have to quilt, but I'm having a little fun on this and even though it is 'custom' quilting, most people wouldn't agree, as it's not all fancy feathers, swirls etc.  It's just quirky old me.

2,   RUST
This is part of a sculpture at the Canberra Arboretum taken a few years ago when visiting youngest son & family.  Just the thing for rust.

3.   BOX
Taken on the way back from the Lakes District in 2014.  I was looking for something in the archives & stumbled across this & thought, "oh box!"  I'd been stuck with trying to find something different for this one for a while.

4.   INGREDIENTS
The ingredients for a stash busting quilt I'm working on at the moment.............

5.   BEGINS WITH.......D
DRESSER.
6.  MECHANICAL
PIANO.
The above two photos were taken at McCraes Homestead last weekend, which I posted about earlier this week.  I saved these 2 for the Hunt.


7.   SOMETHING SEASONAL
The start of autumn here in Australia.  Hubby took this photo on his phone for me.  The colour of the trees is so pretty & in Spring they will be covered in blossom.

8.   RECENTLY FINISHED
I think I showed a few bundles of fat quarters I discovered I'd bought many years ago when I started thinking about "stash busting".  This is what became of that lot.  It is called "Sugar & Spice" and was something I designed on my Quilt Wizard program & is just so easy.

9.   BEGINS WITH.......R
RHINOS'.
Taken last week at the Werribee Open Range Zoo.  Whilst loading the photos onto the compputer, I suddenly thought, "ooh", I have something for R.

10.  MY OWN CHOICE
SISSINGHURST CASTLE.
Taken from the tower at Sissinghurst, giving a wonderful view of part of the gardens & house.  Taken again, in 2014.

My lot for this month, some of which I found hard, but then they seem to fall into place as the month goes on.  I do take my camera and list most places & also browse my archives.
Hope you enjoy and may the month ahead be a fun one for all.  Thanks again Kate for our words.
Take care, Susan.

24 comments:

  1. Great photos Susan. Your latest quilt looks beautiful. It's another Bank Holiday here in the UK so we're off with the Silver Marcos for a couple of days. Will catch up soon! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Enjoy your break with the Marcos.

      Delete
  2. I had already commented and instead of pressing publish I pressed sign out ... so,I shall try again....
    I don't know why you worry my sweet lady, you pictures and stories are wonderful and so varied and interesting :) My favourite is definitely the rusty squiggles - love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I'm glad I'm not the only one who presses wrong buttons! The rusty squiggles spell Canberra.

      Delete
  3. A lovely collection of photos. I particularly like those rhinos and your new quilt's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I just love animals & they do pop onto my blog from time to time.

      Delete
  4. Susan, custom is not just feathers and swirls, and your books are a great idea for your quilt! Waiting for a finished photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. Maybe I'll bring it over with me so you can really see what I'm doing as the fabric is ever so busy.

      Delete
  5. I love your depiction of rust!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics. The Rhinos are so interesting. And I love your quilt. Yes, let's make May a fun month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. Last night on the news, they showed a newborn rhino at the zoo in Sydney. How exciting.

      Delete
  7. Love your scavenger hunt photos. How do you choose the topics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Hawthorn gives us all the list at the beginning of each month, so we have plenty of time to find things to go with the words, hopefully thinking outside the box. I find it is great fun & keeps the old grey matter on its toes.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. A lovely interpretation of Hawthorn's words this month. I like the rust coloured metal squiggle and the quilt is beautiful. But my favourite has to be the AA box. Not seen one for years and it brings back memories. We used to holiday in the UK from Southern Rhodesia (Zambia) in the 1950's and as my parents were AA members each time we passed an AA man on his motorbike he would salute us. I was most impressed!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C. We used our old AA atlas so much, we had to buy a new one last year. As hubby is English, when we saw the box, had to stop & take a snap.

      Delete
  9. Great finds! I love your rust picture especially!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apologies for my very late comment but my best intentions were waylaid by life! Funny we should both have the same idea for Ingredients!!! Best photo for me is the rusty squiggles - I want a set! We rarely see AA box these days but I think there is one on road side when we leave Carlisle and drive the scenic route home, through the Lake District. Here's to next month's challenging words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting choices for each photo. That's a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm amazed at the photos you find for each topic!! Love the "ingredients" best! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos Susan. I saw that Rust piece when we went to the Arboretum last year in Canberra - I loved it. And your quilting is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete