Saturday 6 May 2017

SATURDAY SNIPPETS.

Once again I'm posting way after I'd been going to, so this is some of what has happened since my last post.

Last Sunday, we headed out to find a circuitous route to take to a coffee shop for the Coffee & Cake Run with our car club.  Hmm!  Not a success, but we did see this.......

Two wedge tailed eagles in a paddock.  Not the best photo, but we have one in the foreground and another on a fence post in the distance.  Anyone who knows me, realises I have a fascination with birds of prey.

ON THE WALL.

The wall hanging in the hall has changed for this month.  Made a long time ago from a Quiltmaker magazine & called Square Dance.  It's nice & bright for drearier days of Autumn.

OFF THE BED.

ON THE BED.

We've changed the quilt on the bed from the dahlia to some brown stars.  I'm trying to ring the changes every few months, so that I actually use the ones I still have (many) & enjoy them.

I quite often talk about quilts I've designed using my Quilt Wizard program, which is software I've loaded onto my laptop many years ago.  Below is the packet it came in with CD enclosed.  Just a tit-bit for those wondering what I talk about sometimes.



ON THE MACHINE.


Another one of my UFO's that has been waiting for years to be quilted.  It is made up of a feature fabric purchased by both my late mother & myself, because of the bookshelves.  To make it stand out, I designed this as a sampler of 8" blocks from a Marsha McClosky book.  Part of the quilting I showed last post on the Photo Scavenger Hunt.  DD thinks I should call it 'Bibliophiles Anonymous'.
Does that sound OK?

OFF THE NEEDLES.


A scarf I have just finished for myself, which will look good with my rain jacket.  This wool & pattern were bought in UK last year.

ON THE NEEDLES.

Aaaah!  Does anyone know what I am attempting here?  So far so good.  The book in the background is new to me and I'm finding it very interesting, though now I want a wood burner.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST.

I showed some wee flowers in a previous post called Arisaemas & told how I was allowed to dig up a little bulblet.  I planted it in a pot with just the one leaf.  Look what happened during this week....

A flower has appeared.   How wonderful is that!!!!!  I just hope more little bulblets are forming below.


OK, enough babble from me.
Have a good weekend all and take care.
Susan.

16 comments:

  1. How exciting, the Arisaemas ĺooks very happy!you will have move some where much cooler so you can have a wood burner and use ALL your quilts!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate. No, here is cool enough to have a wood burner as we've already had a few 1 or 2 deg nights & we've been rugging up with our crochet blankets whilst watching TV(giggle) We've been pricing them lately & had them before & it's something I do miss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a green thumb so I'm not surprised your leaf has a flower. Your scarf is lovely. No idea what you are knitting; I thought it might be the fingerless gloves but that's not it, is it? The yarn you are using is gorgeous. I love your quilts. The one you are quilting is interesting and the name fits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, though not sure I'm that good with the garden. Jo below hit the nail on the head with what I'm knitting.

      Delete
  4. You must have quite a choice when it comes to quilts, I think it's a good idea changing them often so that you get to enjoy all your work. Are you knitting socks? On straight needles? Hard to make out in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of choice Jo & yes you are right about the socks & straight needles. I thought that may be the way to start. Yours always look so good & I know, I've been saying I'll do some & 'yay', one finished last night.

      Delete
  5. Moda Vera !!! That's the first pair I made. Same colour Bought mine for $3 a ball on sale. How on earth do you join a flat sock? Bad enough the graphting at the toe. Complete and utter concentration when I do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Yes, Moda Vera from Spotlight. Thought I'd try these first & have found a way of hopefully sewing them with a flat seam. Wish me luck, then might try a pair on 4 needles.

      Delete
  6. Love the scarf - just my colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm actually a pink girl, but have a purple rain jacket, so should look good.

      Delete
  7. A lovely photo catch up of your recent weeks. The bookcase quilt is very dramatic. I've found it difficult to fit crafting in round everything else in April/May so your post has inspired to get organised!!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Don't push yourself when life is too hectic, but let craft be a way to relax. Busy here too & the quilt is still on the machine, but it will get done in time. I also owe you an email. Hope to get some sent over the weekend. (fingers crossed).

      Delete
  8. Found You !! My friend Carol (Once Upon a Thimble) set me straight! Am going to back read some of your posts at the weekend. Off on a family holiday ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lesley for finding me. Sometimes I find this tech stuff difficult too, but seems we get there in the end. Enjoy your family holiday.

      Delete
  9. Such a good idea to swap your quilts around so that you can enjoy them all. I like that. Your scarf is really nice, it looks very soft and cosy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian. Haven't worn the scarf yet, as the days have been quite warm & sunny again.

      Delete