Sunday 24 September 2017

WHAT!!!! ......Warm Weather?

Yes, Friday & Saturday have both been warm, a little overcast, but warmth.  In fact yesterday, our weather station got to a staggering 33°, which we aren't sure is always a correct reading.  Anyway, time well spent with a day out on Friday & mowing/weeding lawns Saturday morning. 

FRIDAY.

Deciding to take advantage of the better weather we headed off to Wilsons Promontory, which is the most southerly point of Victoria.  Best to show it with photos.

Heading south on a gravel road for an adventure.

Views over South Gippsland.
Approaching "The Prom" as it is known.

Taken from one of the viewing bays.
A couple of emus near to a wildlife walk.  We'll do this when we have more time to spend in this area, ie. a holiday.😊

More rocky outcrops.
FIRST STOP......Tidal River.

The river emerges into this cove, then out to see.
 I forgot to take many photos of the river itself, but I'll do that another time.
Some people were doing a spot of fishing.

The very soft white sand.

Trudging up the track from the beach.  This soft deep sand certainly gives the legs a workout.
Ooh, and what else did  I spot?   These.

Mummy & baby disappearing into the scrub.  Does anybody recognise what they are????


SECOND STOP....... Squeaky Beach.
The sign in the carpark.
Walking down along the track to the beach.


 Through the trees, then I spy the water.


And we come out at this........

which forded a little creek that wound it's way across the sands.  Hubby chose to go across, but I climbed a small bank & walked along the top.  I didn't want to get my shoes wet if I fell off.
The sandy bank route I took, but, hmmmm..... I still had to get across that water flowing out to sea.
Solution!  Take off your shoes & socks, brace yourself for the cold water, then.....DO IT!!
Aha, how invigorating, as then I went paddling at the edge of the beach where the waves were breaking.  Ooh, I did enjoy, even the cold water, as we are just heading out of winter, so it's still chilly.

SQUEAKY BEACH IN PHOTOS.
Many rocks are scattered across The Prom's beaches.

There is a lovely gap here in between these large ones, but I didn't go
 through this time, but maybe a bit more exploring is needed.

Looking out across the water to even more rocky outcrops.

I spotted these two birds waddling across the sand.  I've checked my bird guide, but can't seem to find what they are.
Maybe a Dusky Moorhen, but I think they are way too dark.

More of that lovely white sand.
Squeaky Beach from a viewing bay on the way home/

JUST A BIT OF NATURE.

Texture.

Odd shapes.

Just emerging.
Now Sunday morning and what a difference from yesterday.  After 30+° , today will only be 17° & the wind is already blowing a hooley.  There is to be some sun, rain & maybe thunderstorms.  Ah well, maybe a bit of sewing, getting my Photo Hunt post done ready to hit publish while away at the end of next week, doing a spot of child minding, is the best  way to fill in day like this.
Hope you are having a great weekend all.  Take care & huggles.
Susan.

10 comments:

  1. The sun was nice for a change, but back to cold, wind and wood fire here today. Last day of child care, home this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, that was quick. I've just posted. Hopefully our child care weather will be better than this.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful pics Susan,and are the animals Wombats? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are. I just wasn't quick enough to get front view.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely day out. It looks very peaceful there, and not many people around. I'm glad you managed to get a bit of warm weather, hopefully there'll be more of it along soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, it was a great day out. Actually there were more folks there than I thought. It is 'extremely' popular over summer, so we try not to do these things in that season, but we really must go again & explore.

      Delete
  4. Glad things might be warming up for you. In the UK it is now a little warmer but certainly no Indian Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Pity you didn't have a good summer, but here in Oz, the weather has been crazy with the northern parts very warm for winter and us here in the south with unusually cold nights and then to top it off most of the country needs more rain.

      Delete
  5. Over 30 degrees? You lucky, lucky girl. I know it won't be long before you're all expiring with too much heat, but right now I'd trade you!!

    That white sand looks fabulous, you had a super day out by the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne, love to send you some of our warmth, but we've also had some crazy weather this year. Our sands are wonderful & we definitely don't have any beaches that are all pebble & hard on the feet. Wish I could show you.

      Delete