Saturday 16 September 2017

WHERE'S SPRING.

Well, here I am finally at the computer & writing this post.
It has been very miserable here, with cold, wet, windy weather and it is supposed to be Spring.  There are plenty of bulbs & blossom trees flowering, but the last month or so has been atrocious.  Maybe it is my age or just the lingering winter making me feel rather down. I've had a few health niggles, but seems that it all boils down to my scoliosis & weird ribs & with DD & family  away on holidays, so can't just ring & chat, plus I'm still dealing with all the paperwork etc. for my brother. That seems to be an ongoing hassle, brought on by our Federal Government, so do hope it means that more services will be forthcoming.  Enough moaning and groaning!!!! Let's see what else we've been up to, as life doesn't stop with all the above happening.

TODAY.

 A little sunshine................then...............
Rain with hail.  These 2 photos were taken within about half an hour of each other.
It has been like this for, it seems like,   WEEKS.

CRAFTING.

 Hubby has been busy in his shed.  A lidded container, box & Adam Ant.  Isn't he cute & after he named him, I said he wasn't very like the punk rocker, to which the reply was....."Who is he?😊

We went off one day last week to a large Woodworking Show and there were some amazing things there.  I took many photos, but we'll just stick to a couple of faves.
                                                             I'd love one of these!

And can you imagine this, with a wonderful painting of The Dales inside it.  Can't imagine that it would suit this house, but maybe a beautiful converted barn would do it justice.

I've been playing too.
This  is  Dotty Custard, made from a jelly roll I had in my stash & quilted with a pattern called Twigonometry by Naomi Hynes.

A very old strippy style I quilted with a simple custom job.  Two quilts on at once is great, especially when one is trying to finish up some UFOs.
                           The other half of the jelly roll from Dotty Custard is becoming this!

 I designed this myself, although the centre is a Paper Pieced pattern from the internet.  I've come to a standstill, as I've run out of grey fabric No.2, so watch this space for an update once I work out a solution.

IN FLOWER.

My poor little neglected cyclamen.

COFFEE AND CAKE RUN WITH CAR CLUB.
One Wednesday in August, we set off on the monthly CC run & our first stop was at the Gippy Goat, a cafe on a property that breeds milking goats.  Below, we have a few kids in a shed, who after I took this photo came for a cuddle.  One decided that the sleeve of my jumper was tasty & wanted to chew on it.  Finally it let go & off we went to one of our member's properties.

 A dairy farm with a rotary milking machine.  The whole setup is amazing, with solar panels galore, cooling & heating exchange pumps, dams & tanks for collecting water and piped waste to the paddocks.  Very, very eco friendly.

A few of calves which were ever so cute.

THE FUNNY BIT!!!!!!
I do hope no-one finds this offensive, but I'll understand if you do.  I just couldn't stop laughing, so maybe it's my Ozzie sense of humour.

Hubby & I were out and about one afternoon, hoping to have a good walk, but alas the weather was against us once again.  We stopped at a small cafe near Blue Rock Dam to at least have a cuppa.  In we went & whilst hubby ordered the drinks, I browsed the cake counter.  Next I hear him say, "That's silly, it says -don't bounce the balls".  I had no idea what he was talking about & looked towards the counter & suddenly couldn't stop laughing & asked why he'd said that.
This is what he was talking about. (Photos aren't good as they were taken on his phone).
I couldn't see these................



But I could see this!!!
Sorry, but it still makes me giggle.  Luckily, I don't like bubble gum.
When we got home, I checked some blogposts and noticed that Kate had put up her word list for the September Photo Scavenger hunt, and No. 5 on the list is 'It begins with C' & the first thing that came to mind was the above, so that set me off again.
Hope you also get a bit of a laugh from this, as there is so much tension in the news, and I feel bad just plodding away in my own little bubble.

I'll try not to be away as long so that I don't have such a disjointed posting.  It's a case remembering everything & nothing.  Have a good weekend all & take care.
Susan.
Whooooo!  The sun is shining again.

14 comments:

  1. Love the 'balls' joke, but how do you test the bounce of a ball if you can't?!!

    I am blaming 'Irma' for our dreadful weather here. So cold, but I will not put the heating on until October. This time last year we had the hottest day of the year, so something has gone wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, it was funny once we realised we were looking at different things. To think we were in UK this time last year & we had pretty good weather whilst there.

      Delete
  2. That made me chuckle but that's my sense of humour too. Those wooden yarn bowls are beautiful, I wouldn't mind one of those myself and I like hubby's ant. Adam and the Ants was the first concert I ever went to, in fact, I went to see them twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I thought you'd have a chuckle too, as we are quite alike, both being Virgos. Ah, so you like the 'wool tidies'. That's what I call them anyway.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure K could make you a yarn bowl, in fact I sent Dad a pic of one the other day asking if he could make one for me!!! Lovely quilts.. you've been busy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Quite sure your Dad could make one & I can see K making a few too.

      Delete
  4. Our weather here too is a little out of sorts, has been all year, so I shall send you some sunshiny love and hugs from me to you xx And your bouncing balls bubble gum has made me giggle yet again! Thank youx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, the sunshine arrived this morning for our day out with the car club, but is supposed to be on the way down again midweek. I did put the balls on after all!!!!

      Delete
  5. lol thats funny,gorgeous quilts,lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a day of spring weather yesterday, but this morning it is back to very windy and cold, and possible rain. But the wood fire is burning and I can stay inside all day, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are like the "Balls" bouncing about everywhere, Showing us such interesting photos with great comments & your wicked sense of humour. A really fun IN THE PINK WEEKEND at Judy's, we raised $540 for breast cancer 🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raylene, glad you enjoyed. Well done ladies, raising a great amount for such a good cause.

      Delete
  8. You've been wonderfully busy, and K. is so talented with his woodworking :-)

    Hope your weather settles down soon, when it does, can you please let me know how you achieved it? {{huggles}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, he is talented & at least it makes one out of two of us. As for the weather, just taking it one day at a time for the moment, as the forecast isn't what we necessarily get.

      Delete