Friday 25 May 2018

MAY SCAVENGER PHOTO HUNT.

Here we are once again hunting for photos with Kate.
This month's list I found tricky due to life getting in the way and not having posted since the last one in April, has proved a sore point for me, but hopefully things will settle into a routine once more & I can craft, garden and just generally do the "stuff" that seems normal.
                                                                   THE LIST.

1.  COOL.
                                       One very frosty morning last winter in our front yard.

2.  DISASTER.
A limb from a very large gum tree in the yard behind us came crashing down on our fence, just as hubby had walked up from that corner over at No.4.  It gave him one mighty fright.  The date on  the photo is not when it happened & I think it was some time around 2006/7.  My old camera went back to it's original date each time the battery went flat.  That is so annoying!!

3.  MOVEMENT.
On a quick unexpected trip to Sydney last week to sort out issues with little brother, we stayed in Kiama on the south coast of NSW & went for a walk one morning to check out the "BLOWHOLE" & it was living up to it's name beautifully.  The sea was just swelling enough to bring the water into the hole in the rocks & then "whoosh", up she came.  This always fascinated me as a child 60+ years ago and still does.

4.  FENCE/FENCING.
I really struggled with this one, but trawling through the archives last night, voila, just what I needed.
Taken in 2016 whilst out walking with my good friend Jayne from The View from Bag End, in the Lakes District,  this fence surrounds a lovely church & has the added bonus of a stone wall & the beautiful mountains behind it.  Ah, just making me want to go back!!!!!

5.  SPIKY/PRICKLY.
Again, one from the archives.  Taken at Mallacoota on the east coast of Victoria, way back in 2012 whilst coming back from Canberra, after seeing our youngest son & family.  Not too sure what it is exactly, but it was definitely dangerous with those spiky thorn-like bits.

6.  MY OWN CHOICE.
Now this is my "silly" moment.  I've no pets anymore & most of the other hunters, tend to show off their gorgeous dogs for their own choice, so to keep in the swing of things, here is one I took yesterday.  This doggie sits at the entrance to an Agricultural Contractors yard on the edge of town & he is sort of cute.

OK, my lot done for this month & hopefully I'll be posting a tad more over the next half of this year, as I do have some days out and crafty bits to blog about.  Over the weekend I'll catch up with the other hunters & add my name to the link.
Enjoy the weekend everyone, take care and sending lots of huggles to all.
Susan.

32 comments:

  1. Great pictures, love the last picture of the dog, and especially love the photos of Nature.

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan. All your photos are great for the prompts. Love the Blowhole for movement and the fence highlights a beautiful view. The tree falling was a proper Disaster. I struggled with that one! Cute dog. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza. I'd not been to the blowhole for ages & glad it was blowing for me. You may have seen that same view when in The Lakes.

      Delete
  3. I recognise that fence :) Excellent picture, well done. You always come up with such an excellent selection of images. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you may recognise that, seeing you took us there & of course I loved it. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Nice one Susan, that poor tree, what a shock when it fell! My lot are fascinated by blow holes too where as I am rather unnerved at their power and unpredictability as the water shoots up! thanks for joining in xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for us the back neighbour had it cut up & we gave another neighbour the wood for his son's woodburner, and he also replaced the three fence palings, so all was well at the end.

      Delete
  5. A wonderful collection of photos. I especially like the doggy, but I'm sure you knew I would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, and yes I knew you'd love the doggy, which is made from hay bales.

      Delete
  6. Great photos! I like movement and fence. The crashing tree branch must have given your husband quite a shock:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the blowhole photo & it was a shock for hubby, as it was a huge branch, but gums are notorious for dropping limbs.

      Delete
  7. Oh my, that is a big branch! And I'm not there to help you cart it off!!! Love all your other photos too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, but the branch fell at our old place many years ago. See you soon, I hope!

      Delete
  8. Great photos! I think the fence one is my favourite followed by disaster.... all the tree felling we've been involved with has been of our choice and not because a tree fell down.... I too like blow holes; not seen one in real life but have seen them on TV. Ditto lava flows but am so glad I don't live in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. Branches that big have been known squish cars, caravans & sheds, so we don't generally park under gums. The blowhole is fascinating.

      Delete
  9. Lovely photos and places yet again. Wow I bet that was a shock for you too when your other half told you how near he was. Love movement too with the blow hole , I think there is one at Portland Bill but have not seen it in action.
    See you next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a shock & he needed a cup of tea! To catch sight of the blowhole in action, you need the tide in, a moderate swell, but definitely not huge seas or rough.

      Delete
  10. Great photos, I love the Lake District view, it's gorgeous, and the dog is well cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. Thought you may like The Lakes one.

      Delete
  11. Love that blow hole. I have never seen one, you are lucky, as was hubby with than fallen branch. The doggy picture is so cheerful too. Keep well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C. Lucky all round, though I did grow up in Sydney & the south coast was our "go to", for an escape out of the city, so blowhole for us 3 kids was often what we wanted to see.

      Delete
  12. Great photo for movement and I really like fence too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. Lakes District is a gorgeous destination.

      Delete
  13. Susan, hope you are well. You did super with this challenge in my humble opinion. Every one is right on. Your dog is cute; reminds me of an exterminator in Rhode Island who has a giant bug as their mascot. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee, thanks Joanna. I've missed you & will catch up on your blog tonight. Take care.

      Delete
  14. Goodness, they were difficult this time and I am not sure I could have done them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, all is fun & the interpretations can be so interesting from each. Take care.

      Delete
  15. Lovely photos, I do like the dog and so thankful for your husbands lucky escape.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoyed your photos Susan especially the doggie

    ReplyDelete
  17. some great shots again Susan - A close shave with that tree !!
    Love the Blow Hole
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Susan
    Great photos - the blowhole is amazing - nature at its best. But I"m sure your hubby wasn't impressed with nature when that tree came down - he was very lucky.

    ReplyDelete