Saturday 22 September 2018

BLOGGERS' QUILT FESTIVAL 2018

Well, I just decided to pop a quilt into this festival, so it will be a short post.  The linky bit is above.
Last year I was trying to use from my stash only and made 3 quilts named for our granddaughters & although 2 were finished completely by the end of the year, the one below was finally quilted & bound this year.  I did post a photo before the binding was done, but not completely finished.

AIMEE LEE.

This is called Aimee Lee and was designed by me on my Quilt Wizard program, using my stash and then quilted on my long arm machine, with a pattern by Apricot Moon called Ribbons'n'Bows.
I enjoyed finding somewhere to take these photos.
                                                An "in progress" shot on my design wall.

This photo shows what happens when using from your stash and miscalculating the amount of background you need.  Substitutions can be fun & once it's all done, you can just look at the bigger picture.  Enjoyment is what it is all about.
I've never participated in something like this before, so do hope it's OK.
Take care all & if you pop on to take peek, a big THANK YOU.
Susan.

9 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. There are some amazing quilts over on the festival & I've been a bit blown away.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, love the way you enjoyed making substitutes and creating a lovely result.
    Your cards arrived today, thank you, will post on early next week X, will report back! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Good to hear the cards arrived & we'll talk soon.

      Delete
  3. It's gorgeous, I do admire ladies who quilt.
    I won one in a show and its so warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. All handmade rugs are cosy, whether crochet, knit or sewn, because they are usually made with love.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful quilt, I love the colours:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I love playing with colour in all sorts of ways.

      Delete
  5. It's more than ok, it's a pleasure to view. The roses are so pretty, and I like the way you used the flying geese, even in the cornerstones. Very pretty outside border fabric. Thanks for showing us the finish.

    ReplyDelete