Friday 28 September 2018

SEPTEMBER SCAVENGER PHOTO HUNT 2018

Ah, another month gone and it's link up time again with Kate.
This month's list had just a wee bit more thinking to be done, but I got there in the end so let us see what inspired me.

1.  BRIGHTLY COLOURED.
Oh dear, another pink tractor, but this time scattered brightly with crazy flowers.  I took this photo many years ago (2008, I think) & I was actually browsing holiday snaps when I noticed it and thought aha!  It was taken at Ruston's Rose Garden in Renmark, South Australia.
2.  UPSIDE DOWN.
Not quite upside down, but definitely not showing the right direction.  This was taken last weekend after we'd spied it on our Coffee/Cake run with the car club.  K & I both said at the same time, "Upside down", but couldn't stop then, so had an afternoon outing on the weekend.  The same day also netted my own choice photo too.  Lucky break.
3.  INK.
The photo was taken  this afternoon, after being really stumped for the word ink.  I'd been hoping to get to an antique complex and find a lovely old inkwell or bottle to photograph, but that didn't eventuate.
Fortunately, I walk past this lovely tray many times everyday, then spotted a book in one of my bookcases that came from a cleanup at my parents place.  Now of course, "pen & ink", which is the method my DD used to do this tray for me, when she had more time for craft before children.  I love it and always had it displayed in my studio, but these days it is on the treadle machine in the hall on the way to my sewing room, not a studio😢.
4.  BAG.
OK, I do have permission to use this great photo of Miss A, our lovely grand daughter who is our
eldest grandchild.  I cannot believe that she is nearly 22.  Where have all those years gone?  I'd been busy snapping some family photos, when she turned around and I got this one with her "bag" in hand.
Just a bit of fun.
5.  PATTERN.
Taken at Cape Patterson Beach back in July.  I'm not sure exactly what it is, though it reminds me of some sort of fossil imprint.  I find it rather fascinating, making a 'pattern' on the rocks.
6.  MY OWN CHOICE.
As I pointed out above, this was taken last Sunday afternoon as we came home.  Stopped to take in some views, when I noticed the cows on the way to milking on a dairy farm.  I needed my zoom lens, but I'm so pleased with this photo.  You may need to click on it to see properly.

I do enjoy these photo hunts, the thinking, keeping your eyes open to see what's around & trawling through the archives.  I also love to see what everyone else comes up with.
Thanks Kate.  Take care all & huggles.
Susan.

27 comments:

  1. Love the cows - great shot. I love your scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Love the tractor

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. For a slightly quirkier hunt, everyone has done really well.

      Delete
  3. Awww, that last photo reminds me of my childhood. Our house backed onto farmland, there was a corn field at the bottom of the garden and beyond that was land where cows grazed. We'd watch them every day, just like in your photo, walking to the milking shed. What a beautiful tray, your daughter is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I'd not realised how rural your area must have been when you were growing up & I'll tell DD about your compliments. Take care.

      Delete
  4. I like the cows on their way to milking. I grew up on a farm and if you didn't round them up to get milked , they all came up anyway. They enjoyed milking time. :) That's one snazzy tractor! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza. I think I can imagine you growing up on a farm.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos. I like the cows forming an orderly queue as they head towards the milking parlour. The pattern in the rock does look as if it may have some sort of fossil inside. The pink tractor is so cheerful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I'm still curious about that pattern & might have to do some research. I've a feeling I know which 2 went down well on my hunt.

      Delete
  6. Love, love, love the tractor (my favourite by the way). The cows all in a line made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tractor but the cows are my favourite. Love the way they are all walking in line on the way to milking. Keep well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. The tractor & cows again (giggle).

      Delete
  8. Nice pictures. I'm amazed by the number of cows in your last picture. Love the tractor and your sweet granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. Ah, Miss A. got a look in too, apart from the tractor & cows.

      Delete
  9. What a tractor! Brilliant.Love the way your K is primed to look for photos too - well done, you have trained him well :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate & for the hunts. I'm not sure I've got him well trained in other ways though. I always keep the list in my camera case. Oh, BTW, it's arrived and she's thrilled to bits.

      Delete
  10. That tractor would have fitted right in at the pink retreat, and those cows remind me of our dairy farming days and getting the cows in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. Now next year, you could pop up to Renmark & see if it's available (giggle). It's not far.....

      Delete
  11. That tractor was a perfect find for brightly coloured! I like your photo for patter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. If John, the only male participant, pops on over, I wonder what he will think, as I amused him with the pink fergie I put on for the letter T.

      Delete
  12. I just love that pink tractor :)
    Nice to see your other photographs too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous tray, what a talented daughter you have. That's one jazzy bright pink tractor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew you'd be horrified & amused. We still have many other Grey Fergies here in Oz, more than likely in their original state, as they were a mainstay of our agricultural industry for many years. Thanks for popping on over & take care.

    ReplyDelete