Monday 16 September 2019

AUGUST PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT....................LATE!!!

Better than never, as the saying goes.  I took some of these pics whilst in UK, but couldn't download them onto my tablet, then we also had so many issues with internet services.  Thanks to Kate from,
 I live, I love, I craft blog for hosting this, but I'm not in the link-up this time. Feeling very flat since we got back & even pondering whether to keep on blogging or not.  Maybe just this one?
Now for the words & photos.

1.  MARK.
Bookmarks I made from paint colour chips for Xmas presents to put into greeting cards.

The beautiful gum leaf bookmark DH fashioned for me, that I have shown before.
2.  DUCK/S.
                  Found hiding in the foliage of a park, beside the stream that flows through
                                                    Thornton-le-dale in North Yorkshire.

3.  WINDOW.
Ancient stone window surround.
This was also taken on our trip.  A lovely few hours spent walking through countryside to & around Wharram Percy Medieval Village, which I found absolutely fascinating.

4.  ARM.
Not very exciting, but here is my long "arm" quilting machine.  Sorry for the lousy photo, I should have found another one.

5.  STRAW.
I've gone slightly overboard with this one.  Whilst driving in the beautiful English countryside, I kept spotting "straw" photos, in colour & texture.  Sometimes we just couldn't stop (which irked me), but here a few I thought would fit the bill, so 3 made the cut.
            Straw coloured grain waiting to be harvested, again on our visit to Wharram Percy.
Straw bales for sitting on, spreading on the garden as mulch or even feed for animals.  This photo                                                was taken in the large barns at Great Dixter.
                               A very large haystack which always makes me think...... STRAW.

6.  MY OWN CHOICE.
                 The beautifully laid out garden in front of the house at Kingston Lacey in Dorset.
My lot done and hopefully some one may notice & I've not posted for nothing.
Have a good week all, take care & huggles.
Susan.

13 comments:

  1. Love the straw photos. Like you I often see a good photo but can't stop which is so annoying or I don't have my camera to hand!! Glad that you are home safely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I owe you an email. DH's complaint with not stopping for photos is, "there's a car up my b..", which is usually right or there is nowhere to pull over on those narrow one car wide lanes, where there are gazillions of lovely photo opportunities.

      Delete
  2. Hay bales always remind me of my childhood. There was a farmer's field at the bottom of our garden and we'd have the farmer annoyed at us for undoing the bales to make dens with. I hope you're going to tell us about your trip to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Yes, more will come, though I had a couple of camera mishaps. There are photos & stories I'll try to tell & above is a snippet of where we've been. Living on a farm once (only renting the house), we helped at hay making time & boy are they heavy to hoy onto the truck.

      Delete
  3. Welcome home susan glad to read your post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see your photos, like all the straw ones and your pretty bookmarks too. Like you I was fascinated with Wharram Percy desterted village when we visited and I know what you mean about seeing photo opportunities when you are driving around and not beng able to stop. Look forward to hearing more of your travels. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I'll have a few more photos of Wharram Percy on that particular day out.

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see your photographs. The garden in front of the house at Kingston Lacey in Dorset does look beautiful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan nice to see your pictures. I hope you don't stop blogging. We need to see more photos from your trip to the UK. Sorry I ended up seeing the Yorkshire shepherdess without you. Was to good an opportunity to miss when I heard she was coming to Longridge. I still hope to go for cream tea at her farm oneday though. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I'm feeling a little better now & will keep up my blog. You'll have to tell me more about Amanda at some time. More posts coming on our trip.

      Delete
  7. I've been watching for a post from you and will miss them if you decide to stop. Hope we can stay in touch if you do. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and love seeing the pictures. I love the gum tree leaf; it is interesting and beautiful.
    The Deirdre Bond-Abel project from Primitive Quilts is a wool applique table runner and very beautiful. Thank you for your visit and comment in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. I'll keep posting, just got to get some crafty mojo back & I must pop on a few posts about our trip. Take care.

      Delete
    2. I can identity with the "crafty mojo" bit. Good to know you will be posting.

      Delete