Friday 27 September 2019

SEPTEMBER PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT.


The end of September already & joining in with I live, I love, I craft for the "Hunt".
I wasn't going to participate, but the weather here is dark, overcast, blowing a hooley & looks like rain, so I came inside to hunker down & got thinking about photos & feeling so low at the moment.
I think I know what's wrong, so I'll leave it at that & throw myself into getting this done.
Kate's words were a little more geared to Autumn, so I really had to think outside the box & I had looked  at some snaps just after she posted the list & was a bit perplexed.  Well,  hear goes with mine.

1.  COSY.
A display of tea cosies at Mont de Lancy an old house & garden that are open to the public by way of a local council not far from Melbourne.

2.  CHANGING FOLIAGE.
The tree in the back corner of our yard, just displaying it's Spring finery & leaf buds.  I love calling it's flowers, tassels.😊

3.  SCARF.
A scarf I knitted some years ago for our eldest granddaughter, which she loved.  I wonder if it is still used now that she is an adult?

4.  BAKING.
Not my baking!!!  Although I do cook, it doesn't really ever look as good as this.  A cuppa we had at the David Austen Rose Nursery, which I took a photo of because of the beautiful china.  Believe it or not, but that catalogue was actually free!!!!

5.  COBWEB.
 This was my first choice, as I couldn't find anything other than the one I showed for our last cobweb.
I took this photo many years ago at Harlow Carr in Yorkshire, when visiting.
Then looking for something else DH & I had been talking about, I stumbled across this photo taken whilst in Canberra, out on a walk with our son & his family in a nature reserve.  I do remember it being an awfully cold morning, so maybe it has frost or dew on it.

6.  MY OWN CHOICE.
Bolton Abbey.
The cause of my woes at the moment.  Not being able to walk in the Dales or on the Moors.  This photo was taken at the beginning of August & although it was very busy, it was still very peaceful.
I'll try and get myself together to do some catch up posts of our holiday.  Really.............
OK, enough from me & a big thank you to Kate for hosting this.
Take care all and huggles.
Susan.

30 comments:

  1. A great set of photos! When you seasons are the opposite it makes it much more difficult to find suitable photos other than from your archive. I love the cobweb and that display of tea cosies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It actually still feels like winter today & not Spring.

      Delete
  2. You've done well on your choices for the photo prompts, Susan. It must be harder to find them when your seasons are opposite ours. Love the tea cosy photo. I hope you feel more cheerful soon, it is hard to get back to normal after a long break. Look forward to seeing some posts about your holiday. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. Funny thing is that although there are lots of Spring flowers blooming, it hasn't warmed all that much.

      Delete
  3. Im sorry your feeling low and I hope you can think of things that will cheer you up. It will be lovely to see posts about your trip. Meanwhile it's nice to see these photos , especially the tassels which are perfect for changing foliage and the afternoon tea looks scrumptious. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I really must post about our trip. The rose nursery was fabulous.

      Delete
  4. so many tea cosies! We still use one daily :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos. I do like all those tea cosies, I don't think so many people use teapots these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. We use teabags, cause I couldn't find a teapot that didn't dribble. Teacosies look nasty when stained.

      Delete
  6. The tea cosy display looks really quirky, I love the rainbow colours of the scarf and Bolton Abbey is one place I've enjoyed visiting several times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. The teacosies seem to have gone down a treat. Bolton Abbey is somwhere we always head to not long after we arrive. That, Fountains Abbey and Whitby are always top of our list.

      Delete
  7. Love your tea cosies; great use of the word cosy. It reminded me of a visit to a knitting/craft show many, many years ago where there was a display of tea cosies; all very arty and probably not practical! It is nice to see a mix of places local to you and me! Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. Hope you enjoy Yarndale & all the yarny stuff.

      Delete
    2. Yarndale was good! It was our 7th visit. I bought a Janie Crow crochet blanket kit called Delft in the Autumn Berries colourway. I keep telling myself I must not start it until I finish other crochet projects!

      Delete
  8. Love Bolton Abbey when I went with the friends that you met when over here. The tea cosies are a fun photo and I wonder what sort of tree it is in your garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I've been trying to find out about the tree & think it's either an Italian or Sugar maple.

      Delete
  9. Lovely set of photos Susan - I too find it hard to keep my mood up when it's dark outside. But your changing foliage will brighten things for you - it's nice to see the world wakening up when ours is going to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. Yes we are waking from winter slowly down here in the south, but northern NSW are already experiencing bushfires so early.

      Delete
  10. Lovely seeing all those tea cosies - reminds me of Yarndale - they had a table covered in them a few years ago - selling them for a charity. thank you for joining :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I often wonder how many are very practical.
      Thanks for hosting this each month, it keeps me motivated to look at the world around us.

      Delete
  11. A lovely collection of photos. The flowers on that tree are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. I too think the tassels are gorgeous.

      Delete
  12. I smiled when I saw your pick for cozy; the tea cozies picture is an original choice. I love the scarf, too. Very pretty. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. I remember my Mum making some very odd tea cosies when it was in fashion.

      Delete
  13. So many cosies! My parents still use one, but since I'm the only one in our house to drink tea, I don't have one.
    Such a beautiful scarf, I hope she still uses it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some great photos for this month. I love the scarf my aim is to make myself a scarf soon, just debating if I knit or crochet one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely collection of photographs here.

    Seeing all those tea cosies brought back happy memories of my dear mum. She used to love knitting tea cosies, we had so many in the house. She also gave them to friends and family too.

    Times have changed since then, so many people just use tea bags in cups!

    Happy October wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete