Monday 2 December 2019

FAVOURITE FINISH FOR NOVEMBER 2019.

Another linkup party.....this time with Meadow Mist Designs for our favourite finish of the month.
OK, I'm being a bit naughty this month & have 3 to show, though it is the first photo which relates to the finish.
As most of my blogpals know, I'm a bit on the wacky side or as someone once called me "a quirky quilter".  So here goes.................
JELLY JIVE.
This one seems to be well liked by all who have seen it, so it will be No. 1 for now.
I have actually been playing with jelly rolls & making two quilts with one roll & background.  As I love designing it has all been lots of fun.  This time though, 2 became 3.
The said jelly roll, which was really a Rainbows pack from Victorian Textiles.

My doodling in a graph book, which is something I use on a regular basis, along with my Quilt Wizard program.  The one on the left, was first designed back on plain paper in 2014, on an aeroplane coming home from a holiday to the UK, after visiting family.
The next few pics are some in-progress shots, which I may have shown before.

JELLY JAZZ
JELLY JIVE

JELLY JUMBLE
 I was trying to line these up across the page, but this will have to do.  Jelly Jumble was the first, then Jelly Jazz & finally Jelly Jive.  Below are the other 2 finished.

I took them away with me last weekend for some photo bombing, but it was so windy all the time, this was the best we could do.  They were all taken at Porcupine Flat near Maldon  where this little fellow below was watching what we were up to.
This wallaby was finding it very interesting seeing me trying to stop the quilts flapping in the breeze.
He didn't go till we actually took off in the car.

The old dredge & other interesting bits are scattered here from the gold rush days.
As I've been trying to do this post, the weather has brightened a "LITTLE", though there are still a lot of black clouds banking up again. The wind is still quite boisterous & cold, & the weather station says it has climbed to 11 degrees outside.  Wow!!!!   Been running in & out to the kitchen as, I'm also baking a couple of slices to tide us over the next week or so and listening to some CD's on a louder than usual volume as DH is at his woodworking club.
Well best get myself up as there are cushions to finish for a birthday present, 2 aprons a friend has asked me to make & quilts to keep working on.............Ah, to be retired!!!!
All from this funny old lady for now.  Have a good week, take care & huggles.
Susan.



6 comments:

  1. Looking at the designs I would say that Jelly Jumble is my favourite, but when I see them made up into quilts I actually prefer Jelly Jazz. It's funny how designs can appear so different in various mediums. Awww, love the wallaby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Yes, just changing the background colours for the same set of fabrics can make a huge difference. The little wallaby was very cute & I love being able to take photos of our native animals for all to see.

      Delete
  2. My favourite is the photo of the photo-bombing wallaby! Love that. All three are great jelly roll designs! You should write up the patterns. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. He/she was so cute. I'm working on learning to write up patterns & hope to make it my goal for next year.

      Delete
  3. Hi Susan can you send me an email please so that I can chat with you? You are a no-reply and I don't get your responses to my comments either...may be able to help you with that! Thanks! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jelly Jive does look good … and lovely to see the wallaby.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete