Saturday 15 February 2020

Five on Friday - GRATITUDE - Feb'20

Joining in with Kate, although I'm a little late due to a wild thunderstorm & lashings of rain last night (Friday) & having to put my thinking cap on straight to realise, yes, I am grateful for so much, especially little things sometimes.  Still struggling somewhat, but we'll have a little look at what has made me smile over the last month.
Gratitude..............
1.  for having a garden.
Looking up under a tiger Lily.
As well as having a garden, which although the steepness is getting more difficult, it still produces plenty of amazing things after our weird weather patterns and I can take photos easily with my digital camera. 

2.  for nature.
The wonderful aspects we see all round us in nature, if we take the time to look & capture.  Isn't this spider web great.  It was huge and went from our pergola over to a shrub near the pond.

3.  for laughter.
We spotted this sign last month & I want to see if anyone can spot what made us laugh?

4.  for handy hubbies.
The start for my chest of drawers to go in my sewing room, instead of a stack of boxes that hold all sorts of bits and bobs.  Watch this space to see progress.......

5.  for lots of scraps & leftovers.
Not wanting to throw away odds & ends from some quilts I've made, I'm now able to make a quick start on some charity quilts for giving to uprooted people from both the recent fires & floods.  Hopefully I'll have them ready as winter arrives in the middle of the year.

I know I'm finding it hard to blog, but I've made some lovely friends through my little blog & if I didn't have them, life would be quite lonely, so here I am, hopefully easing back in.  Comments are wayward on my tablet & what with my old laptop not picking up WiFi anymore,  I'll try & get to the PC a little more & leave comments on your posts.  Thanks for sticking with me.  
Take care & huggles from Susan.

17 comments:

  1. Your sign had us chucking too, and that spider web is HUGE! Finding those little things that make a day that much sweeter should be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. The web was huge, but is now hanging forlornly in the pond, what with the nasty wind today, although the sun has finally come out after about 5 days of strange weather.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post Susan, I think it is often the small, gentle things in life that make us most grateful when we can do very little about the bigger things. It sounds as if your weather has been as strange as ours over the last week. Love to see spider webs but don't like it if I accidently walk through them. Have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. Our weather has definitely been strange for summer. I hate walking through webs too.

      Delete
  3. HI Susan
    So much to be grateful for - I'm not getting time to do much commenting either and if I'm on Safari it won't let me comment on blogs at all - pain! Not sure what it is in the sign but they look like they're all playing leapfrog. Your quilts as always are beautiful - love from the windy north xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. All these different systems on devices does my head in. My good old PC is definitely my go-to these days for blogs & emails. So much for "new" technology!! The sign...one is not native to Australia & does not roam freely in our countryside.(bottom). I do like your leapfrog suggestion - love back from the windy south, although reasonably sunny this morning.

      Delete
  4. You're having storms too, the weather here has been awful just lately with one storm following straight on from the last but you're right, there's still lots to be grateful for. I'm sure the needy will be thrilled with the quilts you donate, it does feel good to be able to put our skills to good use and help those less fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. A little quieter today with some sun, but still very breezy. Hope you've got through "Dennis", relatively unscathed.

      Delete
  5. Your garden looks a lovely space, though I'm freaking out thinking what size spiders you must have in Australia! Is it the rhino on the sign that made you laugh, looks a bit out of place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. Our garden does what it needs, but way to steep for us as we head into our twilight years & with my bad back, isn't easy anymore. Spot on with the rhino....hope we haven't got any roaming free. It did make us laugh & do a backup so I could take a photo.

      Delete
    2. Forget to say that the spiders that weave those webs aren't very big at all, just industrious. Haven't you ever encountered a barn spider in UK? They are huge.........

      Delete
  6. Wow! That spiders web is amazing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this comment works as it is the third time I'm leaving one! I loved all your pictures but the road warning sign with a rhino on it was a hoot. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. Yep, it worked & the sign was, to say the least, odd!!

      Delete
  8. Look forward to seeing the finished set of drawers...and I'm sure the charity quilts will be really appreciated. Hope to catch up with you. Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I've an idea I'll run past you over on your blog.

      Delete
  9. I spotted the rhino straight away, I wonder who thought to put that on a road sign? lol

    ReplyDelete