Wednesday 19 February 2020

PLODDING ALONG.

Not a lot of exciting things happening at the moment, but we take each day as it comes. 
The garden doesn't seem to know what season it is with a "few" warm days, then quite a lot of grey days with blustery winds, occasional very heavy downpours, which flooded the garage one afternoon & has left us scratching our heads with the current rainfall for this month at 100mm.  That is a lot for February here.
We've not been out and about much, so I went for a little photo shoot around the garden.
                                                       The Magnolia trying to flower.😖
                                    The waterlily in the pond finally giving us some flowers.
                                                    It overflowed in all the heavy rain.
I picked some silver beet for our tea & also found a "tiny red" tomato, though it has a small hole at the top.  This is the only one so far, but there are plenty more on the plants.  Hope we get a good feed                                                                            from them.
Back in January, we had a storm one night &  heard on the news that Melbourne had been hit by heavy rain full of red dust from the very dry western part of our state.  It rained here in the middle of the night, so I didn't think we'd had the dust, but lo & behold, our blueberries were all mucky & this is what the leaves looked like.

A BIT OF CRAFTING.....
Hydrangea Galaxy.
The quilt I'm making for Miss A from a paper piecing set of stars by Blossom Heart Quilts.  I've put them into my own setting to make the quilt bigger & will quilt it soon.  My long arm machine is misbehaving a little at the moment, so have made a call to the mechanic & waiting for confirmation on date for servicing.I do have one on the machine, so will get that done this week hopefully, before he comes out.
Another of my own designs, called "Second Helping" after colouring it several different ways & not being able to think of a name.  I'll show it in more detail once it's quilted.
I filled part of today with making some blueberry jam from surplus produce, as I'm running out of space in the freezer.
A silly post about nonsense in the Smith household.  Still grey outside at 6pm with the sun popping it's rays through for a few minutes every now & then.  Wonder what tomorrow will bring.  I need to move now to serve up our tea & ease my never ending back pain after sitting for more than about 10-15 minutes. 
Take care all & huggles from Susan.

11 comments:

  1. The weather around the world seems very unpredictable at the moment, today is the first still day we've had for a long time with all the storms which have been battering us. I always enjoy seeing your quilts, I don't know how you manage to come up with so many different designs, I think I'd run out of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Hopefully you are over the storms & will have much nicer days soon. My head is full of ideas for quilts, if I had about another 50 years or so.(giggle).

      Delete
  2. Same sort of not much happening pottering about here too, I think it has rained every day this week so far with just a few bright bits during the day. The water lily in your garden is lovely and both quilts are delightful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I appreciate your comments so much.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your post :)
    The waterlily in the pond looks pretty.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much happening here either, mainly due to the weather but after losing Sophie last week I've not really been able to settle to anything much, so I'm hoping for some sunshine soon to lift my mood. your quilting is looking good and the water lily flowers are really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. You must get out and about as soon as that weather warms & enjoy your beautiful countryside. Glad you like my quilts & water lily.

      Delete
  5. Mother Nature is certainly testing so many areas of the world recently.
    Blueberry jam ... yummy, that looks nice and tasty.
    Your quilts are so beautiful, you are very talented.
    Lots of nice blooms in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. The weather seems to be weird beyond what we normally think of. Wish I could send some blueberries to you, though they've finished for this year after picking 18kgs from early December to early February. Now, you are very talented in your chosen crafts too.

      Delete
  6. Just as well someone has a nice garden, because mine is sadly neglected. Looking forward to doing some plodding along, one day!

    ReplyDelete