Wednesday 5 May 2021

QUILTY CATCH UP.

 Whoa............so behind with  reading blogs & doing my own more regularly, so this is a short and sweet catch-up for my crafty bits.  There has been quite a few appointments that got way behind because of the Pandemic, then to top it all off, our 4wd car that is both our everyday vehicle & used for towing the caravan has a transmission problem, so we are down to the Morris for getting about till the other is fixed.  

This maybe a bit photo heavy with quilting.

Paper Chains.
This was to be my linkup quilt for Meadow Mist Designs "Favourite Finish" for April.  I did this as a mystery QAL with my friend Joy and it was meant to be finished by Christmas 2020, but didn't quite make it.
Catitude.
I wasn't going to put this one on as someone once mentioned it was like a big ugly blob, but here it is finally quilted and bound & I think looking OK.  It has a feature fabric in the middle & my Attic block border.  If you click on it to make it larger, you will see the cats having fun in a sewingroom.

Cobbles beside mural.

Cobbles in closeup.

Cobbles back.
This quilt was made in the height of the Pandemic when I was feeling pretty low and thought how dark everything had become, hence finding lots of black, black/white colours in my stash. I'd thought about posting this for my linkup with Sandra from mmmquilts for our DrEaMi each month, but I didn't get any photos till today.  I designed this oblong log cabin block a while back and now actually think it is quite a nice quilt and taking these photos against the mural on The Robin Hood Hotel, not far from where we live was quite fun. The back was once again cobbled together from many leftover backing from other projects.
OK, enough from me today and I'll be back on Friday for our word - "Space".
Take care all, stay safe & huggles from Susan.



.  

9 comments:

  1. All your quilts are lovely and the cats having fun quilt is beautiful. That mural is great and I read about a brewery in Yorkshire using shire horses to deliver beer to homes during lockdown when pubs were closed. Hope your car gets fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I love Shire horses & they are such bgentle giants. I also hope the car will be fixed soon & although I don't drive it as much as when I had my own car, it's still there when I need it.

      Delete
  2. Hope you get that car trouble sorted and it isn't too expensive. I love how you have staged your quilts. They look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie, I do love staging quilts & even other bits'n'bobs. Using the Morris more for ordinary stuff, not just car club outings, has brought it to the attention of many folk, even kids who give us the "thumbs up" sign quite often & elderly gentlemen (we aren't?), who want to chat. Not having our X-trail is a bit inconvenient though.

      Delete
  3. All the quilts are fabulous, as usual. Whoever said the quilt was like a big ugly blob? How rude! It's wonderful. Hope you get the car sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I try not to worry too much about silly remarks as we all see things differently. Hope the car is fixed soon & see above reply about the Morris tit bits.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful finishes, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl & I just didn't get time to link, but hopefully at the end of this month, it will all go to plan.

      Delete
  5. Love all of the quilts, so beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete