Saturday 13 August 2016

PRETTY IN PINK.

OK, yes I've been a bit quiet, not feeling 100% lately and stressed, but then, that's just me.  I'll settle soon.

As it is nearly Spring here in Oz, I though I'd share some "pink" photos I've snapped over the last few days.  As most of my followers know, it is my favourite colour.

On our way into town centre we pass these 2 beauties.

Prunus, which is one of many planted along a street, though some aren't even showing colour yet.

Gorgeous magnolia in a front garden.
Mine little one has a few buds, but not nearly open.
Next we have a selection from our garden.

One of 3 lovely heather plants.

One of two dark hellebores which we inherited.

A diosma.
  I don't really like the smell of these, but they are pretty when in flower.
A daphne in the front garden and although the flowers are nearly white, the buds are pink.

My camellia "Volunteer", which I brought with me from Ballarat.  It doesn't seem to have grown much but has a few more buds to come.
Now I digress from pink (only one).  These crocus can be so surprising.  Nothing one day and then, wham, flowers popping up.

Crocus.
Just a little post with a few of my favourite things, being flowers and pink.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Take care,  Susan.

12 comments:

  1. I love pink too! What fabulous blossom, your Spring is approaching but if I remember from my one and only trip to Australia it was still warmer than some of our summers in the UK!! It is good at the moment though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi & welcome. Thank you for popping in and yes, our winters probably aren't as cold as yours, but we still feel that is cool. It's been much wetter and overcast for this year & everything is very green & quite lush. Glad you are having a reasonable summer.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely selection of 'pink', the hellebore you inherited is a beauty. Have you also changed your blog background to match or am I slow on noticing? (in which case, many apologies).
    Hope your appointment on Friday went well, look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have changed the background, just because I could & it's pink. I've got another hellebore I inherited that is slightly darker & more double, but it's behind the hedge & can't photograph it. I'll email after this. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Well look at you!

      Yes, I have changed the background, just because I could Big hug-filled-laughs at your comment - from the person who didn't think they could manage a blog! You are brilliant - you can do anything you set your mind to! And now I will go and find your email :) huggles

      Delete
  3. I love to see all the blossom and it's a sure sign that spring is on the way, the warmer weather will soon be with you. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Spring is the pretty time of year, although I appreciate all seasons for different reasons. Hope I feel better soon too.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty, I hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you dear. Hope the stress recedes soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing flowers; some of the ones you show are new to me, but maybe they are native to Australia. Hope you are feeling better and can enjoy your spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Joanna, but no natives in this lot I'm afraid. Most are just run of the mill, but you may use different names in USA.

    ReplyDelete