Friday 19 August 2016

TIME OFF.

A quick post before I take a short blog break.  As some of you will know already, I quite often suffer from anxiety, which has been just a tad too prevalent of late.  Hubby and I will head north for some warmth and hopefully come home refreshed and ready for summer.  I'm not sure whether I will have good internet access, so, if I'm quiet on the comments front you'll also know why.  I'd love to be able to do my Photo Scavenger Hunt and  may get the post ready, so I can just push "publish".  We'll see.
Now for a few odd photos lurking in my blog folder just waiting today.

QUILTING.

The quilt I designed for a jelly roll, which still awaits its border.


THE GARDEN.

A pot of Tete a Tete daffodils, which I'd forgotten all about.  If you leave bulbs in pots, quite often they won't flower again, but these decided to give it a go.

I thought this pot was actually empty and only supporting a covering of moss and now I have these.

Our lovely, but quite small magnolia, which is flowering, with  a few more buds to open.  It is called Susan.
The little lemon tree which was already here when we moved in and looked quite scraggy, but is now flourishing due to hubby taking time with watering and feeding.

My hydrangea is also showing plenty of new growth, so hope I get some flowers later in Spring.
Not a lot else has been happening here due to the rather cold and inclement weather, though we did have two lovely days (Wednesday & Thursday), but today has turned bitterly cold and wet.
I'll try and keep up with everyone when I can.
Take care all and  huggles,
Susan.

10 comments:

  1. Have a restful and healing break - will email you, hopefully you will see it before you leave xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely time, I hope you come home fully relaxed and ready for the warmer weather which I'm sure isn't too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a relaxing break and come back feeling mellow. I like your quilt design. One of the best things about spring is seeing what comes up through the dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt. Have a good break and I hope it helps with the anxiety issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time away, and hope you find some sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt and a lemon tree in the garden! Wonderful. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that you are not feeling so good right now. I totally get it - I really do. So I am sending all good thoughts, hugs and all the other good things that you need. Enjoy the time away and I hope you can relax. I will be here when you return! Thank you for your kindness to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Safe travels :)
    huggles from all of us, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How strange to read someone say "I'm heading North for some warmth." And to imagine cold and wet in Australia. To me you're always permanently sunny! Have a good break and come back refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you're still feeling grotty. I hope your break helps relieve some of it x

    ReplyDelete