Friday 1 May 2020

APRIL PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT 2020.

Today we are linking with I live, I love I craft, I am me with our set of words for April  I did find this lot difficult, but here we go.
1.  HAPPINESS IS...
The bird life that visits our garden, especially the magpies who love snacking on breadcrumbs & then carol for me in thanks.  Buddy still comes to visit regularly & puffs herself out & has the loudest song of all.
2.  MAKES ME SMILE.......
Looking back through the photo archives of our trips to England & finding photos like this of the colourful beach huts on Scarborough's North Bay.  During these sombre times & dismal grey days, it makes me remember that summer will come again.
3.  RELAXING WITH....
My one & only coffee at morning tea with hubby & sometimes browsing a magazine or two on our back verandah in the sunshine.  It was definitely inside this morning, as it is still only 8° at 3pm as I do this.
4.  BUSY WITH....
Fondling fabric & coming up with new patterns & ideas for it's use today, but we have been busy in the garden earlier in the week.
5.  POSITIVE ABOUT...
Moving the veg beds to a better spot in the garden after we remove a very large hedge.  This particular spot is in shade now for much of the day & we intend making the beds higher & have four for better rotation.  The higher beds will be much better for my back.  It will be slow progress with winter coming on & not being able to access what we need for the ongoing project due to COV-19.
6.  MY OWN CHOICE.
Take all the above words and this is an amalgamation of them.  This photo and card sit just beside my computer in the study & mean a lot to me.  The photo is the most special I have.  It is the only one I have of our four children together due to distance.  The card on the left is one I've had for years & reminds me of my Dad who loved his cricket from a very early age.
Well that is my lot and although probably a bit disjointed & with the possibility of not joining in I've sort of done it.  I'm sure I have a lot more to smile & be happy about, busy & relax with & be positive about, but there you have it.
Have the best weekend available to you & thanks if you pop by.  
Take care all, stay safe & huggles.
Susan.


25 comments:

  1. You have made good choices for this time in our lives. I agree happiness is watching birds in the garden, true for our memories and relaxing and doing what we enjoy and remaining positive. Nice to see your four children together in your photo, such a shame distance keeps families apart, especially so now.
    Stay safe and keep well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely relaxing selection of words and photographs. I always click on them to enlarge them to see more details. Your Magpies are quite different to ours here. What a lovely photo of your children all together. Keep well, quietly busy and safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Yes, our Magpies are a completely different species to those in UK & can be quite tame at times.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for joining in, lovely stories and photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate & for hostng this each month. I'm finding a things difficult, but the hunt is a welcome diversion & for some reason I'm blogging more.

      Delete
  4. As usual I enjoyed your photos. I think moving the veg beds and making them higher is an excellent idea; focus on that thought and think how easier it will be to gather your homegrown veg! Like me, you are lucky to have a garden that attracts wildlife. There is always something going on. I always like to choose a favourite photo and this time it is the beach huts; very moving considering our current situation. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. Glad you think it's probably a good idea to move the veg garden and I can't believe I took the photo of the beach huts as it looks like I had one of those wide lens things.

      Delete
  5. I love watching the birds in the garden too but the magpies are a menace, especially at this time of year. They raid the other birds' nests and take their eggs or even their babies. A lovely photo of your children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Our Magpies are nothing like yours and don't raid other nests. They can be a problem at nesting time by swooping humans & people even wear ice cream containers on their heads & you can buy special bike helmets with cable ties that stick stright, wave around & frighten them.

      Delete
  6. It's funny to think you have chilly weather too, I imagine it to be always warm in Oz. The coffee in the mornings looks nice. I never used to drink coffee but these days I'm a bit addicted ! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon & yes we do have very chilly weather here for the winter months, though it is only autumn as yet.

      Delete
  7. Ooh I'm interested to see what you end up making with those yummy fabrics! Theres nothing like the very beginning of a new project complete with fabric fondling ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evi, one should be started soon, after I've quilted that second baby quilt.

      Delete
  8. Great photos and choices. It's good to relax with coffee and a book or magazine inside or out. Your special photo and card are lovely and you must glance at them often whilst at the computer. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I don't relax easily, but can at least browse a magazine while I enjoy my coffee. Yees, i do look at the photo often.

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed this post, you've shared some lovely stories and photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. This was a more difficult one.

      Delete
  10. A lovey post Susan
    I love to watch the birds too and I loved seeing Scarborough. I've walked past those beach huts many times, that brought a smile to my face.
    Your morning coffee place looks a nice spot to relax and read.
    Family pics are precious to us all at the moment I think.
    with love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I'd miss our bird life if I didn't have a garden & our DD used to lease one of those huts at one time. The back verandah has been a bit cool over the last few days, but hopefully we've got some sunny weather this week coming & we'll back out there for cuppas. I'm missing family really bad. It must get better one day.

      Delete
  11. A lovely and homely collection this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely selelction of photos Susan - I love your last one, but also the beach huts - they're so fabulous and filled me full of joy the few times I"ve seen them in England. STay well, this will soon be over x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. I too love the beach huts & we do have some great ones along the foreshore of bayside suburbs on Port Phillip Bay in Melbourne & they always make me smile too.

      Delete
  13. All relaxing photos, hopefully we can visit the beach again soon.

    ReplyDelete