Thursday 22 October 2020

HOLIDAY BREAK - LAST DAY & TO HOME.

Thursday was  the final day of our break, then Friday we traveled home.  Thursday saw us once again pack our lunch & this time head towards Bairnsdale for DH to pick up a few bits'n'bobs for his woodworking.  After that was done we headed to Paynesville for lunch and a wander.  I have posted about Paynesville here also a few years ago.

Sitting eating our lunch, we were watching these cygnets, being looked after by Mum & Dad.

                               You may have to click on this & make it larger to get a better look.
                         This is more of the pier above where you can wander & some boats come in.
                                              Looking to our left from where we were sitting.

A tree close to where we were seated had a black swan sitting on a nest.  As we put our picnic stuff away in the car, another swan came & chased it away & wow, there were 5 eggs in this nest.  I didn't go any closer in case he/she came back.


Wandering further around the town, I happily snapped these..........................

Mosaics on the side of the shelter, where foot passengers wait for the ferry to Raymond Island.
                                      The ferry coming across the narrow strait from the island.




                                                         Looking towards part of the marina.


I was surprised and fearful for these two & their four cygnets, asleep on the boards where the ferry ties up, but they were fine, as the ferry has buffers it comes in against & when the gangplank comes down for the cars to alight, they are well underneath.  Phew.....................
On the way home we stopped to snap a few interesting (to me) places.
 I loved this old abandoned farm with it's tank stand, old  homestead sheltered by the tree & the derelict shedding.  
                                   

      I'm not too sure what this building is, but it's both weird and interesting.                                

We headed for home on Friday & I took the photo below of one of the many pretty garden beds adorning the main street of Yarram before we left.

Leaving the beautiful countryside of East Gippsland & heading into the LaTrobe Valley, you see this eyesore, though I suppose it is an essential part of our lives these days, especially as so many are now relying on power to use the internet for essential work to stay employed.


This post is probably somewhat disjointed due to my photos changing position occasionally (don't know why), and me losing so much of my mojo and motivation "again" of late.  

Hope you've enjoyed this break we had and I'll be back with catchups of the garden, crafting & some local walking.  Will things ever get better?

Take care all, stay safe & huggles from down under.




10 comments:

  1. It looks like the weather improved for your last day. I'm sure you've come home with your batteries recharged after that lovely trip. I feel I could really use a holiday, we didn't get one last year as I didn't want to leave my dad after my mum died and, well, this year we didn't book anything with everything that's been going on. It would be nice to get away if only for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. It was good even though not far, like you having a short break in Brid or Whitby & exploring along the coast & inland countryside. Hope you can do something like that soon.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures you've shared.
    I like the mosaics.

    Have a good weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. The mosaics are lovely & there were some more, but people sometimes get in the way.(giggle)

      Delete
  3. Lovely to "share" this trip with you via your blog! Things will get better :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mosaic and have several tubs filled with broken china and glass so that when the mood strikes me I can have a dabble. Holidays are lovely but I bet it's nice to be home again. Have a lovely weekend and stay safe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. I mosaic-ed a small terracotta pot a long time ago, and I must pot it up again.

      Delete
  5. The marine mosaics look so pretty. I am glad those curled up snug cygnets were okay. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I think that particular lot must know the routine of the ferry, though when it actually docked they were well under the gangway.

      Delete