Tuesday 12 December 2017

ADVENT CALENDAR......... DAY 12.

A  quick post today linking with Julie for the calendar.

DAY 12.......ANGEL.
Another from the archives.  This was made for me by my Aunt (mother's sister-in-law), and I just think she is so cute.  It's graced our trees for many a year & this Aunt is so clever in many ways.

A LITTLE CATCHUP TOO!!!!!!
Picked from the garden this morning.
Some silver beet, one zucchini, a good handful of butter beans and a colander full of blueberries, though it is depleted as I've already frozen a tray-full.  We will be eating the beans tonight with some leftover casserole from the freezer.  It's been a long day with moving most of the furniture back after the carpet layer left.
On the design wall...........
I've been working on this off & on for the last (probably) 3 weeks in amongst all the other bits of life.
It's a traditional block called Jacobs Ladder in my own layout setting.
Best get a wriggle on, as tomorrow it is off to child mindig & I've just been told the temperature for tomorrow around Melbourne is 36/37 degrees, so another sweltering one after our lovely run of more moderate weather.
Take care all & be back Friday.
Huggles, Susan.

18 comments:

  1. The Christmas angel is beautiful. Lots of lovely fresh produce and the will look lovely. I know what you mean about life!

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie & I guess you've a busy life too.

      Delete
  2. What a cute little angel. I think handmade decorations are very special. Nice to see that you're getting some produce from the garden, we've woken up to a hard frost today, the cold weather has certainly hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo & although it's going to be hot today, we've awoken to thick fog.

      Delete
  3. How lovely to hear of your warm sunshine and see those blueberries fresh from the garden whilst stitting here with snow and freezing fog outside. The angel is lovely and brought back a memory of a white feather Angel we had on our tree when I was a child. She got a little less white each year which I've now realised must have been due to the coal fires we had in those days:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I love the older decorations we still have.

      Delete
  4. Ooh.. it's lovely to see a warm weather post when we're up to our eyeballs in snow! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, hope it isn't too cold for too long.

      Delete
  5. lovely little angel, especially as it has a personal history attached to it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her feathery body!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of your fresh fruit and veg. I used up the last of my early summer planted greenhouse tomatoes (no heating) last week. Snow still around despite rain last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Definitely no snow here, too hot!!!!

      Delete
  8. Your Christmas angel is just adorable! Those temperatures sound very inviting to me as I shiver my way through another day in dear old England. We will be visiting your wonderful country in January, and I can’t wait to get there and get warm – give it a couple of weeks though, and I will want to come home to cool down. Hehe. Hugs! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara. My next post might give you a BIG surprise & also wondering where in our huge country you might be going?

      Delete
  9. Fresh blueberries - arrgh, I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so impressed by your blueberries!!! Your angel is delightfully fluffy!x

    ReplyDelete