Friday 8 December 2017

ADVENT CALENDAR..........DAYS 6, 7, 8

First...... Thank you all so much for my lovely comments.  They have been greatly appreciated with so much happening at the moment.
Another few days offering for Julie's seasonal words.

DAY 6........ROBIN.
This little one was taken at a cafe near Bolton Abbey last year.  He flitted to and fro around our feet for a long time, I expect picking up crumbs etc.  That is my hubby's hand.

DAY 7...... BELL(S).
A new wreath made last year for our front door, displaying some cute red and white bells.  This year I need to fix that hook as it fell off when I tried to put it up.  Think our extreme heat last week has made it "unsticky".

DAY 8......... SLEIGH.
My little sleigh filled with fripperies I've picked up over the years & yes, I've shown it in previous Christmas posts, but haven't had time to go looking for something else.

Short of time today and need to get back to reading legal jargon for my brother's NDIS plan, sign & scan it back to his provider.  This seems to be taking a lot of my time lately with phone calls back & forth.   Also been "unfurnishing" the loungeroom, ready for carpet laying on Tuesday, which entails the whole room being emptied & old carpet ripped up before they arrive at 7.30am.  Ugh!
Have a great weekend all, take care & huggles.
Susan.
BTW, enjoying everyone's take on our words, so thanks all & Julie for hosting.

21 comments:

  1. Love your little sleigh, and the wreath. Robins are not shy are they?

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Your robins are so different from ours.

      Delete
  2. I remember you sleigh from before - there are some ornaments that mean the festive season has started :) I can also remember things dropping off the walls when it was warm, particularly posters which would suddenly click then slide down the walls in the middle of the night and give me a fright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you might remember it Kate. Funny how living in warm southern climes means you know what I'm talking about when sticky becomes unsticky, though it's actually been chilly here today.

      Delete
  3. I have a sleigh very similar to yours, I used to fill it with lollies when the kids were little, now I fill it with baubles. I love your wreath and robins are always great. Ours are black robins and on the endangered list.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your bit about robins is interesting Diana & I always think it sad once animals/birds/amphibians are on the endangered list.

      Delete
  4. Robins are such lovely little birds, we have one which visits throughout winter but he seems to disappear when summer come around. Hope the carpet laying goes well, you'll be all posh in time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo & as you know I love my birds too. I'll be all "posh"? No not me, you & I being Virgos makes us too down to earth I think. (giggle).

      Delete
  5. I'm very taken with your unusual wreath.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aril. Very easy to make with bits & bobs bought at Spotlight, a craft type chain of stores here in Oz.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you're super-busy at the moment. Clearing rooms for carpets isn't as simple as it sounds. I ended up doing a massive sort out earlier in the year when we re-carpeted all our ground floor and stairs. Sending masses of hugs and best wishes, Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan & yes we are really busy at the moment & the clearing out of a room is a big job. BTW, did you get my emails?

      Delete
  7. The little robin is adorable. Those unsticky hooks are such a nuisance! We’ve got one on the back of our bedroom door to hang our dressing gowns on but every few weeks the hook and the dressing gowns end up on the floor! I love your little slay, and I’ve not seen it before so I’m very happy you shared it again.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me I need to put out some Christmas decorations, have not been ignoring you, bit behind on reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's OK Judy, I am too. I've not even done cards yet, but carpet going down on Tuesday has thrown me way off kilter.

      Delete
  9. I love your wreath Susan - the decorations look lovely in the sunshine. Good luck with all the stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. We're due another hot sunny spell this week.

      Delete
  10. It is very clever of you to combine days, particularly when you have so much else on.

    ReplyDelete