Tuesday 19 December 2017

ADVENT CALENDAR.........DAYS 15 & 16.

Linking with Julie once again for a quick update of the calendar.  I may even be AWOL over the next few days.  I'm very, very tired, some of which is due to the heat & mugginess today.  I'd love to send some of it to my UK friends as it is depleting my energy levels.  36° & now a strong south westerly has just blown in, which should cool it down a little, but I think we are in for a wild evening.
Anyhow, let's get this post started.............
DAY 15.......TREE UNDRESSED.
I'M NAKED,  ooooh!
DAY 16............TREE DRESSED.
Aaaaah,  that's better.
Not what I was going to do originally, but time has got away, so out came the old trusty "pretend" tree, which very nicely dropped needles (how can it do that, you're not real), all over the new carpet.
Out came the vacuum cleaner & cleared it all away, then not as many decorations as usual, so I wouldn't make another mess, but it looks OK, I think.
Tomorrow is the big day, when we pick up our visitors, so although I've a few photos ready, I'll post when I can.
Thank you to all my lovely comments & so sorry not to have replied.
Must go as now a thunderstorm is brewing in the distance & I shouldn't be sitting doing  this when one is around.
Take care all, lots of huggles & I'll post when I can.
Susan.

10 comments:

  1. Tree looks great. Hope the thunderstorm was not too bad

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time with visitors, and hope your Christmas is a blessed one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine the thunderstorm - we used to get them in December too :) loved how the dry heat turned briefly cool then it would go humid - have a lovely family time xxxx Our plastic tree used to drop 'needles' too, more than our present little real one! How can they do that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely time with your visitors. Hope the thunder storm has cooled things down a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My "pretend" tree is dropping needles too – crazy!
    Loving your tree decs, very pretty. Have fun with your visitors. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a lovely time with your visitors.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your visitors and always remember 'less is more' for the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you have put your tree up and it looks lovely - mine has stayed in boxes this year and will not be getting an airing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! I don't have a tree up this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our little tree isn't much chop... I should take a pic of it... we missed out on the storm on this side of town.. enjoy your visitors! xx

    ReplyDelete