Saturday 1 June 2019

MAY PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT.

Linking once again with Kate to find photos for a set of words.
1.  SEAT.
I've shown these seats before, but with DH sitting on the other.  Definitely not a good snap of me, but he grabbed the camera after I'd been taking a few photos of what we were watching from the seats.

2.  VIEW FROM SEAT.
This is Paynesville on the east coast, where a small ferry runs over to Raymond Island, which takes all of about 10 minutes, but is very worthwhile for the wild life which calls the island home.  It is where I've taken photos of the koalas lounging in the trees.(here)

3.  LUNCH.
A butterfly's lunch table.  Taken at the Melboune zoo a few years ago.

4.  STARTS WITH A P........
I was a PROOF machine operator for close to 12 years in a bank before being made redundant due to country branches no longer using them, through larger centres in capital cities taking it on.  This was the beast (I had 2 in my office) and it was a job I loved, having my own office & basically no-one to bother me too much.  The second was used during abnormally busy times, if there was someone on hand that knew how to operate it.  I taught young trainees , before they became tellers (CSO's these days).    Those days are of course long gone.

5.  TRANSPORT.
On our way out along a back road one day we spotted this.  Now this mode of transport isn't seen very often these days.  I snapped it through the windscreen, so not the best quality.

6.  OWN CHOICE.
Sign spotting, something I love doing.  A few weeks ago when the weather was passable (freezing & wet now, but then it is winter today....ha ha), we'd noticed a sign on  a side road to an Historic Walk, so decided to explore.  We ate our picnic lunch, whilst looking at clouds gathering in the sky, so quickly went on part of the walk.  We'll do the rest to the old cemetery another day.  In the small parking bay, there was this sign, which I loved, especially with the handwritten "please & thank you".  It seems this particular track is loved by horse riders.

OK, that is my lot for this hunt.  Sorry I've been a bit AWOL, but we've had ongoing i'net issues due to this stupid NBN maintenance and my back has been sore again, which then makes me feel a tad down.   I wasn't going to participate this time, but really need my blog friends.  Thanks if you decide to have a read.
Have a great weekend all, take care & huggles.
Susan,.


31 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely, so glad you were able to post your photos. No idea what a 'proof machine' is but your own office and not being bothered by anyone else sounds like a result :-)

    Amen to blogging friends . . . cast your mind back to the end of February - would I have got through it without all the support from our little community? Hang in there darling girl, this too shall pass. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. With the digital age, proof machines are probably nearly obsolete, as people don't use cheques & deposit slips much anymore to do their banking. How times have changed! I've a few posts swirling in my head, so may be more motivated this month.

      Delete
  3. Great photos, you look very relaxed in the sunshine in you sun hat. The view of the ferry is wonderful and I love the butterfly lunch table. Like the added please and thank you on the notice, I wonder if they take the manure home for their roses? Have a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I was squinting very much in such bright sunlight on a scorcher of a day. The manure would certainly need leaving to be matured so it wouldn't burn your plants. Good idea though if you had a trailer with you, though of course they had horse floats to get there.

      Delete
  4. Love the view and the notice made me smile but my favourite is the butterfly lunch table. Are those purple area impregnated with something to attract them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice. I believe they impregnated with honey & nectar.

      Delete
  5. Another great set of photos. I'm sorry to hear about the bad back, I do hope you can get some relief from it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Being born with this back, you'd think I'd be used to it, but seems the colder weather upsets it these days too.

      Delete
  6. So glad you were able to join in this month. It would feel odd if you were not there. An interesting set of photos and my favourite has to be the butterflies' lunch table. I saw on the web recently that butterflies love a very ripe banana. So I've set one aside to ripen and will hang it in the garden and see what happens! I too enjoyed being at work on my own, largely in a team of one. Take care and keep warm under a crochet and/or quilted blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. I'd like to hear about the banana experiment. I've a crochet rug to hand of a night when I'm sewing/yarning to cover the the bottom of my legs where my trousers/socks part company. (giggle).

      Delete
  7. I think it's quite a nice picture of you with a very cute look on your face :) Were you being grumpy with K for taking your pic?! I love spotting signs too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Cute look? I was squinting in the sunlight.......a bright hot day, unlike the gloom of the last seven days. Pity you missed the snow. See you soon.

      Delete
  8. Love the butterfly feasting tables - what a lovely idea :) Thank you for joining in - I do appreciate it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I'd probably miss joining in as much as I'm missing your chatty posts. Thanks for hosting & take care.

      Delete
  9. I think you look very nice in your seat photo. You look like your enjoying the sunshine. The butterfly lunch table is a great photo for lunch definitely.Funny to see a pick up after your horse sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza. I've never seen a sign like this any where else. It's usually the dog or litter signs about not leaving your rubbish behind.

      Delete
  10. Lovely photos Susan - I've missed having the time to check in :) The butterfly feeding station is fabulous and carriage and horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil. Times must be extremely busy at the moment. Take care.

      Delete
  11. A lovely collection to see this time. You do look nice and comfortable on the lounger - nice to see you.
    The view is beautiful and I love the butterfly lunch table.
    I do hope your back can give you some pain free days, being in pain is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Not my best photo & my hair was so short compared to now. I desperately need a good trim. Butterflies are such beautiful creatures, I'd love to see more in the wild.

      Delete
  12. Lovely pictures again. I particularly love that butterfly feeding table. But I find my mind boggles as trying to work out how to pick up a pile of steaming manure out on a ride.....carry a camping trowel...or how about king sized horse poo bags, and then what, tie them on to the saddle!!! :)xx PS keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Ah, the horses were all brought to this particular area in a float,so I suppose that is a lot easier to bag up & take with you & it only applied to the parking area, as there was plenty on the track through the bushy scrub. At least horse stuff isn't mushy like cowpats (giggle). Take care.

      Delete
  13. Thanks John. Glad you joined in again & I do remember bank procedures from when I was a child & they were so different. I was actually an accounting machine operator in the bank (a few other places too) in the sixties, long before I rejoined them in the eighties.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very nice post.
    Lovely to see your selection of photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. I try hard to make it interesting for my overseas pals.

      Delete
  15. Sweet seat with a lovely view!
    Now that's a different kind of lunch, I've never seen that before.
    So I guess that sign could be used for your transport?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I loved the butterfly house at the zoo & yes the horses are transport of old, as I showed in the "transport" photo. Just realised I'd got a bit 'horsey', this hunt.

      Delete
  16. An interesting mix of photos. Those seats look very comfortable and with a lovely view as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, except the seats were a little hard on the back because of the slats, but great for watching the comings & goings on the water.

      Delete
  17. Nice picture of you, Susan, looking very comfortable and relaxed. All nice pictures, as usual. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete