Thursday 19 May 2016

OOH, IT'S GETTING COLD.

Brrr!  I'm glad my Mum put my winter woollies on me, though something new would be nice.

Judith in her winter outfit.
. I really should make her some new clothes.  I'm sure you will all recognise this lovely little one
I've been a bit slack with blogging lately, due to being sort of busy with other stuff.
Quilted two quilts for the local shop owner and she gave me three more to do.  I won't say too much, but they are testing me somewhat.
This weekend just gone, we had general meeting of car club, then Sunday a visit and display from The Vauxhall Owners Club of Melbourne.
Yesterday was our monthly Coffee and Cake Run, which is lovely as someone picks a route along back roads and we end up at a cafe or bakery and sit chatting, then home again.
I had my monthly massage on Tuesday afternoon, and hubby was fitted with his orthotics to help the pain in his foot.

Now for a few other bits with photos.

An old Hunter's Star top that I quilted after the first 2 shop quilts.  I'll show it in full after I've finished the binding..
I am still getting some UFO's done.

The pile of "book" quilts is growing too.
A Little Bit of Gardening.

My very old pot of cyclamen is back again with lots of leaves.

And, I think some buds too.
It really needs re-potting, so later this year I'll get to that.
My two vintage buckets with bulbs from last year, which I hope flower, as I should have planted them out.

My poor little veg bed.
The silver beet is still being picked and the rhubarb I planted late last year is coming along nicely.
The large curly parsley which died, has at least self seeded.  \
Must try and make some raised beds, so I can get back into veg growing.  This one is just too low for my back/rib problem.

We inherited this Pieris, which isn't as nice as ones I've had before, but at least has buds.
I just don't seem to be able to garden as I did.  Not sure whether it's my physical pain or the garden is just "not me".
OK, just a quick post to let everyone know I am still here.
Nearly the weekend again, so must get sorted, look out ideas for the Scavenger Photo Hunt and hopefully see DD and family this weekend.
Take care all,
Susan.

16 comments:

  1. The Coffee and Cake Run sounds like a wonderful idea, right up my street. I've lost my mojo where gardening is concerned too, I think it's with giving up the allotment. I've managed to sow some tomatoes and cucumbers but they're still at the seedling stage, I think it's going to be a very late harvest this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The C&C run is good and the club members are lovely, mostly (believe it or not), older than us. Not often these days, I'm the younger one.(lol). Just some raised beds would make a lot of difference for me.

      Delete
  2. Your coffee and cake run sounds fun, a lovely way of meeting people and seeing the countryside too. xcx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee and cake sounds ideal, with an added road trip sounds excellent! We did one that was on a very wintery snowy New Years Day! Now that was testing my endurance limit :)I lost my gardening mojo after I damaged my knee and it took a couple of years to re-discover my original gardening drive xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C&C are great as we see back roads, we've not travelled before, even in this small area of West Gippsland where we've lived for over ten years. I miss my old garden, which is a lot of my trouble. I'm on the hunt this end of month!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely lot of quilts you've done recently, would you like to come over and do some of mine?

    Sorry you're not yet settled with your new garden, wish I could 'lend' you LP for a couple of weeks :-{ As Hawthorn says, give it a while, maybe next Spring you will feel more enthusiastic about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jayne, I should get them done as I first started designing these back in 2008 when I bought Quilt Wizard and DD said they'd make a good book. Maybe one day, but I've still a few to quilt for it and lots of other UFO's and now with doing a few for the shop, it'll be some time to go. I'll do some of yours, but on my Bubs as I'm not good at hand guided anymore. I'm doing a bit of gardening and hubby does the heavy stuff, but even though I've planted a few things etc, the enthusiasm just isn't there and even putting bits on my blog has been hard. Yes, Spring might just the ticket.

      Delete
  5. I don't recognize the doll, but she is beautiful and is in good shape. Your quilting of the Hunter's Star is awesome. Your club sounds like you do some fun things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanna, she's my profile photo and has the blue dress on. Thanks about the quilting and we do have some lovely outings, but mostly take our 4WD as it is more comfortable these days. Hubby also does some of the motor bike runs, but I don't like them, so that is his own little outing. Our Morris goes to displays and on shorter runs.

      Delete
  6. Coffee and cake and drive sounds good to me! Glad you enjoyed it. I hope that you get things worked out with the quilts, your work is beautiful! Don't worry too much about the garden it has taken us over 10 years to get ours how we are starting to like it, I think they just take time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy and I know I'm a born worrier, but does not make it any easier when you love gardening.

      Delete
  7. The coffee and cake run sounds brilliant. You've certainly been busy on the quilting side too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Hunter's Star Susan! And your pile of book quilts :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy and yes the book quilt pile is growing, with another small one off the machine this morning.

      Delete