Sunday 29 May 2016

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

I'd love to thank all who left comments on my Scavenger Photo Hunt post and sorry I've not done replies this time.  We've been busy and I spent too much time seeing what the other Hunters had been photographing and got a tad lazy.
I'm sure that I sometimes spend too much time looking for a pattern for a quilt, then also get caught up on Pinterest too.  I limit this time to only a half hour or so on weekends, but that drags into an hour occasionally.
Now for a quick round up of the past week.
Monday, hubby and I went for our flu shots, but were also given the one-off pneumonia shot as well. Was my arm sore for the next few days, with bright red marks across the top, so took it easy on Tuesday.

                                                             A LITTLE BIT OF THIS



This is one of my book quilts which I had on the machine between the shop ones.  I had to show a little, as it was being quilted with pattern called Apples by Apricot Moon, in cotton named Pear Green.  Maybe the quilt should be called Tutti-Frutti.

                                                                    SHOP QUILTS.

One quilt off the machine.
This is the next one on.
You may have guessed by now that our local quilt shop owner is mad about both horses and dogs.  I have another one which is also horse related to do next week.  Well, it is a bit of pocket/holiday money for us.

And what has Hubby been up to.
                                                                      FENCING.


The side fence at the front between our place and the next door rental property was in a bad state, so we asked if the owners would do the right thing and goes halves in fixing it.  They came back with a basic handyman quote and we decided to accept their half and do it ourselves, as Hubby is great at DIY and  knew it would be sturdy enough not to fall on our caravan parked next to it.  We replaced all the rails, which weren't going to be done, although their was only one that wasn't rotten and used the same palings as they were OK.  Job done.


He has also made this stand for my glue gun and one for DD as well.  Glue guns do tend to fall over as the cord is top heavy (something like that anyway).

JUST OTHER BITS.

A few flowers picked from our garden and now on the side table beside my chair in the living room.  I do try and have a small vase there as it cheers me no end.

Tiny gum blossom photographed yesterday.  Hubby thought it was wattle as it is so teeny, but the leaves give it away.

Rhubarb leaves in the veg patch, which are "gigantic".  I picked some, stewed it this afternoon and we'll have it with some custard tonight.

My reading matter over  the last couple of months.  I'm not the best anymore, but keep at least something for a spot of bedtime reading.  I've just started the cat one. The middle one is finished and goes back to the library tomorrow and I hope to put on hold a book called Penguin Bloom, which I may blog about once read.  .The Monty Don book is one I've been dipping in and out of for some time.  A friend found it in an Op Shop and knew I was a MD fan so bought it for me.
That's about it for now.  Just a little of what we've been up to lately.
Hope everyone's weekend has been great.
Take care,  Susan.

12 comments:

  1. I loved A Street Cat Named Bob and I've read the second book too. Look him up on You Tube, he's so cute. The apple fabric in your quilt is so pretty, such lovely colours and I like the doggy fabric in the shop quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you might like the dog fabric as one of the panels are cavi's. I think if you've read those two books, you'll probably like Penguin Bloom too. I won't tell you what it's about till I've read it. Have a good week.

      Delete
  2. I loved the Street Cat Named Bob and the sequel too but in a way I felt he was cashing in on the fame of his first book. Love your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doggy quilt is fab Susan - the others are lovely too. I've not read any of those books but I do like a couple of books on the bedside table x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I don't read much but enjoy true stories or reference books.

      Delete
  6. Excellent job on the fence. Your rhubarb is looking good too.

    As you like MD's books, have you read "The Jewel Garden"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne. I've browsed through MD's reference books that I have from time to time, but the one on the bedside table is the only small one I've actually read as such. I'll maybe look out for the other one too.

      Delete
  7. I love the apple quilting. I love rhubarb and hope to pick some this week, but the plant in my yard is not doing well this year and is skimpy, nothing like your plant. It's funny that your rhubarb grows in your autumn and ours in our spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. Our rhubarb tends to grow 'nearly' all year round depending on the type and also bred so it doesn't flower and go to seed in our hot summers.

      Delete