Saturday 10 December 2016

ADVENT CALENDAR 10th

Linking up with Hawthorn and Julie for the Advent Calendar.

DAY 10.

This sign was at the entrance to the Caravan Park in Eden, where we were staying 2 weeks ago and I thought, yes, another number bites the dust.
CRAFT?

Well maybe that is not happening over this weekend, but I did spend a little time out in the garden this afternoon after the club meeting.  It really needs some attention at the moment.  I think these photos possibly pass as craft!!!

We've several kangaroo paw plants dotted around the garden (inherited) and the one near the back fence is actually taller than the fence and some flowers are now leaning out badly.  What do you do when this happens?  Why you cut them and bring them inside to admire.

This mauve Hebe was also here and is now spreading sideways and is hindering the picking of the blueberries (first lot today), so I gave it a little pruning and of course, inside they came.
Why haven't I been crafting? 

No. 1 Busy with club meeting.
No. 2.Gardening
No. 3.This is...............

MESSY.
Something I find difficult to work in, so am in the throws of claiming back some order and then we'll do  a little festive stuff once again.  Tomorrow of course it won't be finished  (Xmas party for club), but Monday should see me make some headway.  
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
Take care.
Susan.

9 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a kangaroo paw plant before, I think you did the right thing bringing some indoors so it can be admired at close quarters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo. They are native to Australia and the Latin name is Anigozanthus. You can buy the smaller ones in UK from a couple of the nurseries. I'll find out which ones & send an email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Your crafty corner looks a lot like mine at the moment, in itself it is work in progress xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only messy one, but that room is too dark to work in & I think I'll have to work out something else. I've so many ideas & not enough time & this morning I've got to decorate a hat for myself for the Xmas party. Maybe that can be my craft bit for today. I wasn't going to join in that, but think I've been told off. I have supplied 2 raffle prizes!

      Delete
  4. Love your garden prunings, and my work room is quite a mess, having a big sort out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally can reply! I quite often us my prunings as I've always loved flower arranging since a wee child. I'm going to do some re-arranging in the New Year too.

      Delete
  5. The crafty corner looks like mine!

    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot work in a mess either, good luck having a sort out. As you know, we've done a lot of that recently (hence my missing so many of your posts), but it has been an exceptionally cathartic and cleansing exercise :) Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete