Tuesday 6 December 2016

ADVENT CALENDAR 6TH.

Hi all and a big thank you for my comments.  Just haven't had time to reply, before I needed to post again for  --6--

DAY 6

A bridge over the footpath beside a canal some where near Halifax (I think).  This was taken in 2014 & I just found it.
Good thing I was browsing the archives.
TRYING TO CRAFT.

Playing with paddle pop sticks to make snowflake type decorations.  Not glued or painted yet.  I have some other ideas as well & will show them another day.
I do have one other finished project to show you.  Some will remember that I finally quilted a Xmas wall hanging earlier this year, but was pieced a couple of years ago.  I have put it up in our hall for the festive season.

Criss Cross Christmas Geese, a quilt I designed myself.
OK, that's all folks.  I am very tired tonight after a hectic day of the usual housework, picking up the hedge trimmings as hubby cut the top of our pittosporum hedge (front done a couple of weeks ago), ironing, an appointment, grocery shopping, phone call from DD, cooking tea and then looking for a few numbers for this calendar, then blogging.  Ah well, that's life.
Huggles,  Susan.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting Susan :) I know what you mean about browsing through the photos and suddenly finding just the number you need! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hawthorn. I'm still looking for a few numbers, but I might be lucky over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy. Love the wallhanging, that's so pretty. I still have a Christmas decoration which hangs on our tree each year which is made out of lollypop sticks which one of them made when they were tiny, I think it was Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I still have some very old decorations too & other things the kids have made over the years.
      Just heard our weather forecast as I'm writing this with snow predicted on the Alps on Friday, then 2 days well into the 30's next week. Weird. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Love your Christmas makes, the wall hanging is very pretty. You are clever. I hope you managed to rest x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J0 & oh yes, I rested from 8.30 onwards watching The Great Australian Bakeoff semi final, then the rest of the one-day cricket, Aust. v. N.Z., along with crocheting my cupcake rug. Our youngest ever contestant in bake-off has made it through (Antonia is 16).

      Delete
  5. Love the quilt. Glad you also have Bake Off. One of my favourite programmes but have to record it and watch the next afternoon as Brian hates it. But I always watch the finals as it is in the newspaper each time. Love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete