Friday 2 December 2016

NOVEMBER PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT. LATE!!!!!!!

Here I am late again with the Hunt.😢  Linking up with Hawthorn from I live, I love, I craft, I am me.
Still having so much trouble with internet and we've been away too, to Canberra to see youngest son.
Anyway, here goes..............

1.   MENU.

Taken inside a cafe in Alston, Northumberland coming home from the Lakes District.   I noticed after I picked this one that I'm also in the photo, but it gives a little "taste" of what is on the menu.   My paternal ancestors came from around this district and I love it..


2.   ALBUM.

This is the first long play record (album) I bought when I went to work at age 15.  Yes, I had a very eclectic taste in music.  Most of my singles though, were very 60's pop.


3.   SHOE.

Tiny ceramic shoe I've had in my china cabinet for a looooooong time.  I've been struggling to think where I got it or who gave it to me.


4.   IN MY HAND.

Technically speaking, not my hand, but my granddaughter Little E's.  Whilst in Canberra last weekend, she was sitting on the front lawn after a riding her bike round & round at the end of their cul-de-sac and what did she find, but a 4 leaf clover and yes it definitely was.


5.   MACRO (close up).

A closeup of bark on one of our native shrubs.


6.   MORNING.

Taken early one morning from the front verandah of our old house at No.4


7.   RULE OF THIRDS.

Hopefully I have this one right, though looking at it now, I'm not sure it has the church in 2/3rds of  the pic.  Brentor Church on Dartmoor, taken on one of our trips to UK a few years back.


8.   STARTS WITH........H.

Why..........  Hawthorn of course.  Taken beside the canal at Gargrave, W. Yks on a walk this trip.

9.   TOOLS.

A quick snap of some of hubby's tools.  Didn't have time to think about this one really.


10.  MY OWN CHOICE.

Ooooh!  Something I love doing is browsing reclamation, antique, bric a brac, vintage or anything else you want to call it.  This was outside a nursery in Kent, where we had morning tea on the last leg of our recent trip to UK.  Notice the beautiful windows  right at the back.  I've been designing houses just for those.  (wishing!)

OK, this is about all for this post and hopefully, I can then catch up with other blogs and also get stuck into Chrimbly Christmas and the crafty stuff along with Hawthorn.
Pity I can't get back on track, but maybe after this weekend, I'll be all caught up.😍
Have a great weekend all,
Huggles Susan.


8 comments:

  1. I think you have saved your best pictures for the last hunt of the year! I am hard pressed to chose a favourite! I think it is the tools silhouetted against the window. The Hawthorn (hahaha) in Gargrave, in between those trees behind the wall is a geocache! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawthorn. I saw the hawthorn photo by accident & just had to put it on and now I want to come back after you words on geocaching. Something I've always wanted to do. I'm going to try & catch up now on your other bits & everyone else's blogs this afternoon.

      Delete
  2. I think little E is due some good luck after finding that four leaf clover. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage album and shoe, and then the four leaf clover. Hope it brings all kinds of good things to your granddaughter. That outside antique shop must have been fun to browse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. The outdoor shop was great, although we did wonder what they did in inclement weather.

      Delete
  4. You always have great finds for these hunts and you have done it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy and I'll admit to liking them & keeping me thinking & on my toes.

      Delete