Thursday 8 December 2016

ADVENT CALENDAR 8th

Thank you for my comments on 7.   Linking up with Hawthorn and Julie for the Advent Calendar.

DAY 8.

The bridge at the end of Gargrave station, where we caught the train to go over the Ribblehead Viaduct which I posted about in November.  This was the first number I found in the UK.

CRAFT (sort of).

The little gold sleigh (I've shown before) filled with frivolous bits and bobs.
I didn't have time today to craft as we went to buy Hubby's Xmas present & take the radiator from our Morris Minor to be looked at.  It is overheating due to deterioration.
I baked this afternoon when we got home, so then I won't have to do anything else other than my festive baking next week.
I also bought some glitter today.  Wonder what that is for?  Watch this space.  Oh, & I found "9" & it may bring back some memories to some!!!
Short and sweet again, but everyday is not so much hard, but finding the time.
Take care all.  See you tomorrow.
Susan.  xxx

11 comments:

  1. :) No I've never tried the Bailey's fudge - not sure if I'd like it!? But - it is is fudge - then YUM YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds quite a random comment - but I know you'll understand! xx

      Delete
    2. Oh, I know what you are talking about, and it has a lovely flavour, but I don't eat fudge very often as I find it too sweet. I'm very much a dark chocolate person. I'm still looking for numbers, but I'll bet you've got all yours.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely little sleigh, I like that it can be filled with whatever you fancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. The sleigh would look lovely with fresh berried holly, but for us that isn't possible at this time of the year & our bushes don't get many berries as it generally isn't cold enough in winter.
      Cool this morning though, only 9 deg outside and it's been raining & very windy.

      Delete
  3. Lovely sleigh. I hope the car will be OK, husbands get very anxious about these things don't they so I hope that it will soon be sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. The radiator is in being repaired & will be hopefully back before Xma.

      Delete
  4. Love the little sleigh. I have found that searching for suitable pictures has made me realise that I should label at least one picture in each group to make them easier to find. But searching for pictures has brought back happy memories. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jak. I'm loving the photos about Africa & the stories behind them. I was thinking you should do a photo book about your life there!!!! It would be a history for future generations.

      Delete
  5. Love the little sleigh. I have found that searching for suitable pictures has made me realise that I should label at least one picture in each group to make them easier to find. But searching for pictures has brought back happy memories. xx

    ReplyDelete