Friday 13 May 2016

A SURPRISE AWARD!!!!!



The lovely Jo at Through the Keyhole nominated me for this award and although I can't participate the exact way, I'm thanking her so much and will answer the questions asked of us and set 10 questions that anyone may answer on my comments page if they would like to.

JO'S TEN QUESTIONS TO ME.
1. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Hubby and I went to see Shaun the Sheep Movie last year in Ballarat and loved it.

2. Where would be your ideal place to live, town, country or coast?
That's a hard one, but I've always fancied living on the edge of a village in UK with stunning views.

3. Do you have any pets?
No, not at the moment and I do miss having one.

4. What is your favourite area of the UK?
Another hard one, but I have 3 in this order, Yorkshire, Lakes District and Isle of Skye. (OK I'm nuts).

5. What song annoys you?
Anything Rap or Heavy Metal.

6. What three things would you take to a desert island?
Hubby, food and some sort of 'hand' crafts.

7. If you were given a million pounds, what would you spend it on?
Help my children and support a good charity.

8. What would be your last meal?
HEAVENS!  I don't know.

9. Have you ever met anyone famous?
Yes, if you count Michael Whitney (an Australian cricketer) and Jimmy Doherty of Jimmy's Farm fame.  Are they famous enough?

10. What's your favourite take away?
Rarely do takeaway, but fish and chips would be the most likely.  (Hubby's English, giggle).

MY TEN QUESTIONS TO YOU.
1.  What was your favourite subject at school?
2.  Favourite colour.
3.  What musical instrument would you LIKE to play?
4.  Do you follow any sort of sport?
5.  Would you go on a TV game show?
6.  Who else is scared of lifts?
7.  Do you know your 'birth' month flower?
8.  What did you want to be when you 'grew up'?
9.  Natural hair colour (before some of us went grey)?
10 Do you have or have had a nickname used by a family member?. 

OK, that is my quick post for today.  Thanks Jo, that was fun and hope somebody is willing to answer my 10.  I did find it hard thinking up things to ask without them being too personal.
Have a great weekend all and take care.
Susan.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part, I enjoyed reading your answers. I've met Jimmy from Jimmy's farm too, we took the kids down there one year and they got to help out on the farm. I think it's only fair that I answer your questions now so here goes.
    1. Maths was my favourite subject at school and my favourite teacher ever was my maths teacher at middle school, he was so encouraging.
    2. I'm not sure about a favourite colour. I'd probably say red, though if you look through my wardrobe, most of my clothes are blue.
    3. I had piano lessons as a child but only took my first exam before giving it up. I regret it now, I wish I'd carried on, I'd love to play the piano well.
    4. I don't follow any sport, even though Mick follows just about anything and everything. He plays cricket yet I've never watched a full match.
    5. I sometimes watch quiz shows, especially those which ask general knowledge questions but I wouldn't like to go on TV, I'm too shy.
    6. I'm not scared of lifts but I'm always cautious on escalators, I'm scared of getting something trapped in the mechanism. Daniel went in to Leeds at Easter and somehow got his canvas shoe stuck in something, it ripped it to shreds. Can you imagine if that was a foot?
    7. I've no idea of my birth month flower but I know my birth stone is Sapphire.
    8. I always wanted to be a teacher until I got to high school but the thing I wanted to be more than anything was a mum.
    9. My natural hair colour is brown. I used to bleach it blonde in my teens but I haven't used hair dye since.
    10. I've never had a nickname.
    Thanks again for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo and I'm now thinking, maybe we should answer our own questions too, as some of your questions left me wondering what you would say. Funny old me. Have a good weekend and take care.

      Delete
  2. Hi Susan, here we go with my answers. Favourite subject was Maths and favourite colour seems to be orange at the moment. I'm tone deaf so learning any musical instrument would be a waste of time for me, and agony for other people listening! As for sport, I do love tennis and F1 racing, so I guess I should say Andy Murray and Lewis Hamilton. I love general knoweldge quiz shows but don't think I'd ever go on one. I hate lifts or any other small enclosed space. Like Jo, I have no idea of my birth flower, but my stone is garnet. When I grew up I wanted to be a writer, so in a way I guess I achieved that. I was naturally auburn but never had a nickname.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, so glad to see you back in blogland and I just love knowing a little more about everyone with a quick questionare. I'm claustrophobic too, but push myself out of my comfort zone, so I can see things I'd normally be scared of, though not lifts. Hope your weekend goes well and take care.

      Delete