Thursday 30 November 2017

NOVEMBER SCAVENGER PHOTO HUNT.

Linking up with Kate for the final hunt of the year.  Once again, I wondered with our words, then found way more than I needed.  The hardest this time was My Own Choice, as I just didn't know where to start looking.  Here we go.......

1.   BLUE.
The Neerim Bower at the entrance to Neerim South, a small town here in West Gippsland.  It represents the male Satin Bowerbirds' chamber/passage he builds from twigs & grass, to attract females & is usually adorned with many "blue" objects, including feathers, berries, glass & plastic.  They are a native bird of Australia & when we lived in Cambewarra, NSW, we actually had one built in our backyard for a season.  It was fascinating, watching him pinch my blue pegs & also bring lots of blue drinking straws from goodness knows where.

2.   ME.
Not much to say on this one.  I took it accidentally one day at the beach.

3.   STARTS WITH W..........
Weeping Willows in the park, where our Car Club rooms are located, this Spring, which I'm sure we haven't had with very cool temperatures into early November & now sweltering in 30+ degree heat for 14 days straight.  Definitely not normal.  Just realised that was 2 Ws.

4.   RAINBOW.
A Rainbow Lorikeet sipping nectar from Banksia flowers.  I know I've shown this before, but some will not have seen it & I'm trying to think outside the box.

5.   ARCH.
A rather lonesome ARCH, in the churchyard at Whitehaven, Cumbria, somewhere we stay when visiting my friend Jayne in the Lakes District.

6.   TOY.
The rocking horses, hubby made our 2 youngest granddaughters' many years ago.  Missy Moo & Little E turned 10 this October & are probably way to old now to use them.  We are very proud of his woodworking skills.

7.   SWIRL.
SWIRLS on the old fencing & lawn roller.  Taken last year at Chiddingstone Castle in Kent, which we didn't get to go into, as we were to early, but the gardens were open & lovely to stroll around.  Oh, & take lots of photos.

8.   BRUSH.
A pink BottleBRUSH (Callistemon) in flower a few weeks ago.

9.   NAIL.
A rusty, crooked NAIL, snapped on our walk at Lang Lang Beach, which I posted about HERE, a few weeks ago.  Hubby noticed it & quickly said "Nail", & I had to work out why he'd pointed it out, but then I remembered too & thought how lucky I was, as it was the day after Kate had posted our words.  I take my list everywhere & had been reading it in the car on our way.The photo above of BRUSH, was also taken on that walk.

10.  MY OWN CHOICE.
Anyone of my AGE group, may remember these hands used for giving signals on trucks, way back when....... No blinkers in them days!!!!!!  A few Sundays ago we visited the Historic Commercial Vehicle Show at Yarra Glen Racecourse & we were delighted with what was on display, although there were no Mercedes Benz 1418's which is what we had in the late 1970s.

My lot is done now.  I'm off to make some lunch & put the cooler on, as my fingers are starting to stick to the keys.  I'll be around again, proabably next Friday, as I will do the Xmas Hunt in weekly parts, due to a busy month coming up.
Take care all, have a great December & silly season.
Susan.


32 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, I enjoyed hearing about each one. The Satin Bowerbird sounds fascinating with his love of blue things. The rocking horses are fabulous, you've got such a clever husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, glad you enjoyed & I do hope the girls pass the horses on one day.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Great photos. Love those rocking horses lovely heirloom. Great minds on the nail!

    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie & I do read out & share my list with K, so sometimes he's on the lookout for me as well, when we are out.

      Delete
  3. Lovely selection - your rainbow and brush are perfect! Clever you! go well at the dentist tomorrow and I look forward to your festive photos xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate for both comment & thinking up the lists of words for us. See you weekly for the Xmas one. Just a big filling tomorrow morning.

      Delete
  4. Hi Susan great photos for the prompts. Love your rocking horses for toys. They are really lovely and something to pass down through the family. The pink bottlebrush flower is a great idea for brush. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza, I do love the Photo Hunts & think I've been doing it from the start.

      Delete
  5. I was looking for a bottle brush (callistemon) to photograph too but ours are well over the flowering period now. I enjoyed your selection of photos.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Diana. We still have lots of bottlebrushes out in both gardens & countryside.

      Delete
  6. You've evoked lovely memories of Oz with your gorgeous Bottlebrush, Banksia and Lorikeet photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, glad you enjoyed our flora and fauna.

      Delete
  7. Lovely pictures. I especially enjoy your 'Australian' ones. I too thought of a bottle brush tree with nostalgia as we always had them in our gardens both in Zimbabwe and South Africa. Tell hubby that I think the rocking horses are beautiful. He is very clever. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C. I also love seeing your African ones & hubby says, thank you.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful photos, especially the blue sculpture and the rainbow Lorikeet. Love the rocking horses for toys too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. It's great being able to share photos across the world, thanks to Kate's word hunts.

      Delete
  9. Clever girl! Great interpretation and the bottle brush is the best for me! I wish you could send some of your surplus heat over here as Jak, Hawthorn and myself would love it! I'll be looking at the Advent photos but am not taking part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. The severe heat is gone for a few days, but I'd love to be able to send some to you if it helped those days here (giggle).

      Delete
    2. Just let me know when you have sent your surplus heat to us, any day soon will do!!!

      Delete
  10. I love willows.. they look so pretty! Well done on picking photos again! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I don't suppose you'd see many in Arabia, but whilst you're home enjoy the lushness of Oz.

      Delete
  11. A great selection. I particularly like the pink bottle brush and the weeping willows allowing the light to filter through. I've also now know what a Callistemon is. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & glad I could help with one of our native shrubs.

      Delete
  12. Hi Susan , I love to see your photos from the other side of the world. Love your description that went with Blue, how wonderful to see one of those birds. Have a wonderful festive season and looking forward to seeing Januarys list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I too love seeing the photos of UK, especially the parts I know quite well & can't get to very often, as we are so far away. Diana from New Zealand is another good one in the mix & even though I visited the north island many years ago, it brings back memories from there too.

      Delete
  13. It’s nice to see photos from another country. These are lovely. I particularly like the photo of the rocking horses. They look great. My husband has made wooden toys every year since the children were small and fun wooden items like letter racks and shoe shine boxes now that they are bigger. There’s nothing like a homemade touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks & hubby makes all sorts too. Often asked by family & friends if he can do something as well. He's very accommodating.

      Delete
  14. I love seeing the heat coming from your photos Susan - the blue was really interesting and the rainbow bird and the bottle brush ... all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fil, glad you enjoy, though it's definitely cooled down here & very wet. More than last month's whole rainfall on the first day of December!

      Delete
  15. Oh, oh, hopping up and down!! :) Number 5 looks familiar - you put me to shame, I haven't been there since an exploratory visit when we first moved here.

    As always, a brilliant set of images, You are so clever finding something interesting every month. xx

    ReplyDelete