Thursday 24 October 2019

WHERE TO START?

What with internet issues, (emails bouncing, blog comments on other blogs disappearing into thin air,
stuffing my own blog looking for a way of fixing being a "no-reply blogger" ), feeling low still, weather being absolutely crazy in as far as 2° one morning & only 10° during the day and now a couple of days later it is sunny, hot & 33°  (3.30pm Thursday).  I'm just a little perplexed or maybe just old & silly!!!!  I've so much to catch up on, I don't where to start.
A few quick photos, then over the next few weeks will try to sort all out and do several posts of trip to UK & a week spent away here in Oz during the grandies school holidays.

Craft.
This little quilt & baby jacket will be winging their way to UK next week for friends of my nephew who are expecting their first little bundle.  I showed the quilt a while back & the wool/pattern I bought at Morley Markets whilst away.

Garden.
A few snaps from the garden here in our variable Spring weather 😖.
Our many freesias which come up all over.

The Wonga Vine which has suddenly taken off & flowered.
Amazing.
Our time away in both UK and here has made me realise that I need to appreciate where I live & where I can visit.
As a child of the 50s & 60s we quite often recited this poem & on the odd occasion it comes to mind.
You'll see why at the end.  This particular verse (No.2 of 6) is the one we always used.
                                                                 MY COUNTRY
                                                                               by Dorothea Mackellar.
                                  I love a sunburnt country,
                                     A land of sweeping plains,
                                  Of ragged mountain ranges,
                                     Of droughts and flooding rains.
                                  I love her far horizons,
                                      I lover her jewel sea,
                                  Her beauty and her terror ----
                                      The
                                                                                                   for me.
The above photo was taken at the Arboretum in Canberra.
Although I do love UK, I've got to make sure I love my own country too, so that is my lot for today,
but, I'll be back now that I've sorted some of these technical & personal issues & hope to post lots of holiday snaps, crafty bits from both of us & join in the photo hunt next Friday.
Thanks to anyone who does pop in for a look, take care all and huggles.
Susan.

17 comments:

  1. Hello Susan, from not too far away, here in Patterson's Lakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, I'll be in touch once you are home.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you have just as lovely places around you in Australia as we do here in the UK, sometimes we just need to open our eyes to what's on our own doorstep. I know we often go further afield on trips out yet there's still so much to discover right here at home. Love the quilt and the little jacket, I'm sure the new mum will be thrilled with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I'm missing family especially this time as we are all getting older.

      Delete
  3. Good to see you back online! Love the quilt and cardie...and such a pretty wonga vine... As far as I am concerned, Australia is the best country in the world :) And I will quote the song "But no matter how far or wide I roam, I still call Australia home" :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan, glad you have got some of those issues sorted.It must be hard being away from family. You do live in a beautiful country. Your garden is looking very pretty and spring like. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I certainly appreciate having understanding blog pals. Just over half-way through Amanda's second book. I've had some good laughs, along with her more sombre times.

      Delete
    2. Her books are all so entertaining aren't they. X

      Delete
  5. Good to see you back, Susan. It sounds as if your weather is as strange and unpredictable as ours at the moment although in different seasons. It's hard to settle when you return from a long journey. I'm sure your pretty quilt and jacket will be much appreciated and treasured:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I've been reading & catching up and will start commenting again once I'm up to date with all.

      Delete
  6. I hope the sight of your spring blooms cheers you; they are very beautiful. The baby gifts you made are sure to be loved; the little sweater is sweet. Today we have a cold, rainy day and I've had to turn on the heat which I've been putting off as long as I can. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny autumn day. Take care and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. Our weather has been up & down, but the garden is doing well & I may think about some veg seedlings soon. I know that's cheating, but we have a busy month coming up.

      Delete
  7. Love the colour of those freesias, so spring-like!
    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. The freesias are the smelly old-fashioned ones, which I love.

      Delete